Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

queenokaos

join:2012-11-09

[Help Me] Need help to set up my D-Link DWL-G710 Range Extender

Click for full size
screen shot
A had used this extender for some years ago and now I taught of fixing it again but am encountering problems.

When I connect the extender to my laptop (windows vista installed)with wire, it remains unidentified network and access type is : No access.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem night be?

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne

Re: [Help Me] Need help to set up my D-Link DWL-G710 Range Exten

How is the DWL connected? Is it connected via a wired LAN cable to the main host router? I would try this mode and see if it will get access. You'll need to set up the wireless SSID and security. If your main host router already has wifi, you can use the same SSID and password, however you'll need to manually set a different channel to use from what the main host router is using. They can be on the same channel. Preferred security is WPA2 and AES or Auto TPIK and AES.

»Dlink DWL-G710 wireless extender Help Needed

queenokaos

said by BimmerE38FN:

How is the DWL connected? Is it connected via a wired LAN cable to the main host router? I would try this mode and see if it will get access. You'll need to set up the wireless SSID and security. If your main host router already has wifi, you can use the same SSID and password, however you'll need to manually set a different channel to use from what the main host router is using. They can be on the same channel. Preferred security is WPA2 and AES or Auto TPIK and AES.

»Dlink DWL-G710 wireless extender Help Needed

Yes I connected it with a wire LAN Cable.

What do you mean by the rest? how can I set up the SSID and security when I cannot access access the extended through the default Ip address.

Yes my modem has router. how can i find the SSID for the Thomson?
I do not have alot of knowledge in networking but very basic.

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to queenokaos
I think you might need some onsite help with this to see if they can get connected.

I could have you try to set up a static IP address on your PC then try to connect while the pc is directly connected however not sure if we can get that far. I'm going to recommend that you either contact D-Link directly and ask for level 2 support or find a local tech person in your town or city who can come over and help you get the DWL going. I think it's a configuration issue here and just needs someone with some experience who can get it going for you.

queenokaos

Thank you for your reply. In fact this morning I had a chat with a friend who is willing to help hand-on. He works in networking and has already suggested some ideas. Primarily that the ip address of my pc should be static and in the same range of of the extender

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
reply to queenokaos
Ok, hope he can help you get it going.