uniqs

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77 to Asiabound

Premium Member

to Asiabound

Re: Boiler heating pipes and extended power outage.

Why would you assume I am a nanny because I point out an insurance issue? I love wood stoves. But many insurance companies do not. It is financially irresponsible to not check with your insurance company concerning it. I pointed out something I have witnessed and something that is well known in my field of work. Nothing more. I wasn't saying you or your stove isn't safe.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by Lurch77:

Why would you assume I am a nanny because I point out an insurance issue? I love wood stoves. But many insurance companies do not. It is financially irresponsible to not check with your insurance company concerning it. I pointed out something I have witnessed and something that is well known in my field of work. Nothing more. I wasn't saying you or your stove isn't safe.

You state that many insurance companies do not like wood burning appliances. Which ones? How many have refused to pay a claim regarding a wood burning appliance? How many were challenged? What was the outcomes?

If you have witnessed this in your field of work you should have data you can post for the rest of us to consider as many of us here use wood either in a fireplace or wood burning appliance.

Lurch77
Premium Member
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

Listen, don't get stupid. I offered advice about checking with insurance. I wasn't telling people what to do. Ultimately I don't give a shit what you do. It's common knowledge in the HVAC industry. I'm not going to sit here and find specific details for you. If you want them, go get them. Do a web search for wood stoves and insurance to start you out. If I'd known you people were going to get so stupid over a bit of advice I'd have kept it to myself.

Asiabound
Ex-Pat
Premium Member
join:2002-12-21
Mabinay

1 recommendation

Asiabound to Lurch77

Premium Member

to Lurch77
Well, thank you for acknowledging that... but why do you and many other people feel the need to point out the obvious?
Inspections, permits, insurance regulations, etc.? They sour every conversation here. Of course... they are important, but do not need to be a part of any conversation in this forum unless specifically asked about.
I gave the man a couple of ideas to consider. That's all. He can take care of the requirements himself, as I did, and I assume you do too when it comes to your family and your home.

Just so people here know, Lurch and I are personal friends. We have plenty of respect for each other - at least I do of him. I wouldn't be telling him that he needs to do something I'm sure he already has done.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

1 recommendation

Jack_in_VA to Lurch77

Premium Member

to Lurch77
said by Lurch77:

Listen, don't get stupid. I offered advice about checking with insurance. I wasn't telling people what to do. Ultimately I don't give a shit what you do. It's common knowledge in the HVAC industry. I'm not going to sit here and find specific details for you. If you want them, go get them. Do a web search for wood stoves and insurance to start you out. If I'd known you people were going to get so stupid over a bit of advice I'd have kept it to myself.

Asking for details to statements you made is "NOT BEING STUPID". People posting should be able to offer details or state that it is just their "opinion" and nothing else.

Being in the HVAC industry IMO does not qualify one to determine what insurance companies require or don't require. So if my questions are stupid (Your words) then so be it.

Perhaps if you were not willing to provide documentation you should have kept it to yourself. Unsubstantiated postings are just that.

Lurch77
Premium Member
Green Bay, WI

1 edit

1 recommendation

Lurch77 to Asiabound

Premium Member

to Asiabound
edit: Not worth it. Sorry this needlessly detracted from your thread, norbert26.