Search similar:

uniqs
bluedyedvd
join:2007-04-15
Overland Park, KS

1 edit

bluedyedvd

[TWC] I now have 8 downstream bonded channels

I got up this morning and I noticed that my modem reset itself. I went into my modem and I now have 8 downstream bonded channels.

justjact
Skynet
Premium Member
join:2002-07-05
Leavenworth, KS

justjact

Premium Member

said by bluedyedvd:

I got up this morning and I noticed that my modem reset itself. I went into my modem and I now have 8 downstream bonded channels.

I am in Leavenworth, KS and got that too. But after my modem reset I did not have internet for like 12 hrs. I was thanking my modem had died. I did find out that NO one in Leavenworth, KS had internet.
It just came back on and it still shows 8 downstream bonded channels.

Nick21
join:2010-02-03
New York, NY

Nick21 to bluedyedvd

to bluedyedvd
That's great. TWC spent two months on my hub but got it to six. So I wonder if we will even get 8 anytime soon.
thorin
join:2007-11-08
Kansas City, MO

thorin to bluedyedvd

to bluedyedvd
8 bonded down for me as well.. no upstream bonding yet though.. working great

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to bluedyedvd

to bluedyedvd
said by bluedyedvd:

cay you post a screen shot of the downstream frequencies? And the upstreams as well?
motorola870

1 edit

motorola870 to Nick21

to Nick21
said by Nick21:

That's great. TWC spent two months on my hub but got it to six. So I wonder if we will even get 8 anytime soon.

took 3 weeks to get the Dallas metro hubs to 6 channels and that is including the 750MHz headend so I don't know if that 750MHz headend could support 2 more but probabably as their highest analog is channel 73. For Dallas to get to 8 downstream channels it would take moving QAM channels around a moving SDV QAMs to a new slot.
thorin
Kansas City, MO

thorin to motorola870

to motorola870
Click for full size
heres mine
rjbasye
join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY
Netgear R7000
Linksys PAP2

rjbasye to motorola870

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

said by Nick21:

took 3 weeks to get the Dallas metro hubs to 6 channels and that is including the 750MHz headend so I don't know if that 750MHz headend could support 2 more but probabably as their highest analog is channel 73. For Dallas to get to 8 downstream channels it would take moving QAM channels around a moving SDV QAMs to a new slot.

In my area, Northern KY, which is still Insight even though they are owned by TWC, We went from 1 channel upstream to 4. They are still using 4 downstream. I would assume that using more channels is better?
thorin
Kansas City, MO

thorin

Essentially the more bonded channels the bigger the pipe and less congestion.
rippleeffect
join:2012-11-02
Palmdale, CA

rippleeffect

I love to see this in the LA area. I probably shouldn't hold my breath though.