uniqs
allquixotic
Premium Member
join:2009-07-28
Pasadena, MD

allquixotic

Premium Member

Moving Unlimited LTE SIM Card?

I have a Razr Maxx (LTE 700 MHz band) with an unlimited grandfathered data plan.

If I take the SIM card out of the Razr Maxx and insert it into a JetPack hotspot, which I intend to purchase "retail" without a contract:

1. Will it work?

2. Will it impact my account or my contract in any way?

3. Will I still be unlimited?

Note: I don't intend to swap the SIM back and forth on a regular basis. If this works, I won't be inserting the SIM back into the Razr Maxx ever again.

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda

Anon

Yes it will work. nope wont impact your contract at all and last yes your plan wont change.
johnprevite
join:2004-12-19
Chardon, OH

johnprevite to allquixotic

to allquixotic
Ive done this with my Tbolt and a USB LTE adapter. As long as the sim is the same size it will work. I cant say if verizon will crack down on it. I only used it for a few nights, transfered about 10 GB of data (LTE is about 5x faster than my garbage local highspeed providers).

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to allquixotic

Premium Member

to allquixotic
tried asking the same question here but instead of a JetPack I was gonna switch it to a 4G tablet. Ill be following this since a JetPack would be even nicer.

I have read that if its a device that can be used on the Verizon network, Verizon can not stop you from switching between devices because of the 700 mhz FCC rules they agreed to.

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda

Anon

True verizon cant crack down on it fcc agrement to buy 700 lol.
allquixotic
Premium Member
join:2009-07-28
Pasadena, MD

allquixotic

Premium Member

Thanks to everyone who replied. This does seem to be accurate based on discussions with Verizon reps, but I haven't made a move yet.
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

jcondon to verizonlteda

to verizonlteda
Good to know. I have unlimited on my S3 but only 5GB on MIFI.

I don't use the Mifi much but good to know I could put my S3 SIM in it if I really need the extra data sometime.