Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Braincramp

Re: [MoP] Heart of Fear and Garalon

That's a bad strat.

when the legs are up the body has a damage reduction buff (ie totally pointless to dps the body.)

and when a leg dies it takes a big chunk of the body's health.

Ideal is to be in the green dotted circles but more important is stay out of the purple circle, the two get close so if you can't do 1 without 2 happening don't do 1.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Been finding a lot of griefers that will stand under him to get all the raid "Crushed" most of the times are the same guild so you kick one and when you get a replacement another will do it.

I don't get the reasoning behind this behavior.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

That's a bad strat.

except it worked for him and he was still a top DPSer. While it can be argued that it is a less than ideal strat, calling it a 'bad' strat is a bridge too far. Ideal strat is to burn legs and dot body rather than what their ranged ended up doing, but it worked for them in that run.

said by Jobbie:

I don't get the reasoning behind this behavior.

I've never understood greifing for 'fun'. They must have already finished their clears or something.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
IMO its a bad strat because it likely won't work on reg at all and slowed the kill on LFR.

I'd accept an LFR only strat if it means a faster kill in LFR (IE stacking the dogs)

but DPSing the body just means a longer fight.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

3%

I'll kill this dude in 25N Sunday night, I'll report back real differences in normal and LFR. Edit: I'll be carried through this dude Sunday night.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to DarkLogix
I can agree with the LFR-only strat vice possible Normal strat. Looking forward to McBrain's report.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

said by DarkLogix:

3%

I'll kill this dude in 25N Sunday night, I'll report back real differences in normal and LFR. Edit: I'll be carried through this dude Sunday night.

I don't think I could ever do that.

If for a second I thought I was being carried I'd drop group and find one that I'm able to contribute to.

I'd rather wipe all night trying to carry someone else than spend 1 kill being carried.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
When you join a guild that has a massive gear advantage over you, it is natural that you are not going to put the same numbers as anyone else.

I think his issue is a gearing curve thing.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Jobbie:

I think his issue is a gearing curve thing.

Agreed. The only reason he was lower on the meters was that they were already geared from downing content. McBrain doesn't slouch... ever. He pulls more dps in his gear than most people (maybe not in his new raiding group) do at +10ilvl. Just a matter of time before he becomes a big fish in his new pond.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Jobbie
Maybe...

I just wouldn't be able to stand ever being carried for any reason.

sure on my old server I knew of a guild that did that for any new member but it annoyed longer time members.

that guild would do 25H-DS and carry 5 people through while benching people that had been there for the initial progression.

heck if I had filled out their app and gotten into the main raid group (couldn't get info from them as to when) I'd likely have felt like crap till MoP.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
I agree, but in this case we know McBrain is already pulling the numbers above his current gear so he will get there in no time.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Jobbie:

I agree, but in this case we know McBrain is already pulling the numbers above his current gear so he will get there in no time.

Ya I know he's no slouch, I just know that if I were ever being carried I'd feel like crap.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

don't forget... McBrain is really using a special definition of "being carried". Most of us use that term for those who don't play well... he's using it to convey a dmg meter only.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by Immer:

said by Jobbie:

don't forget... McBrain is really using a special definition of "being carried". Most of us use that term for those who don't play well... he's using it to convey a dmg meter only.

McBrain is a recount pew pew whore, we all know it.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
lol... thankfully, I had finished that cup.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Jobbie:

I use it to mean significantly sub par dps.
Someone that's not playing well is just fail.

as I said I gladly do the carrying (just not of fail) but if I even think I'm being carried I would quit.

and I value raid awareness over my DPS number so long as its in the pack and not a straggler.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Immer
Rhenai owes me a new keyboard still.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by Jobbie:

Rhenai owes me a new keyboard still.

between this forum and some of the silly things said in /vent or in /g I've been tempted to get one of these: »www.toxel.com/tech/2008/07/08/re···eyboard/

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

let the sha of Happiness shine

this thread isn't feeding the Sha of Happiness very well today.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
The eyes man... the eyes.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

this thread isn't feeding the Sha of Happiness very well today.

We have a lot of military folks using this forum for WoW and for most its a 4-day weekend.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Where I work there are a bunch of retired military folk (or whats the right term, as you never really retire from the military?)

so the company is having a cake, hamburgers, hot dogs, and such a bit later.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to Immer
Damnit! I'm freakin working today. WTF?!?!

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
reply to Jobbie
I do?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

1 edit
Oh yeah, you do

Edit:

I submit the evidence:
»Re: Don't Play WoW If You Run For Public Office

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE

1 recommendation

Ahh, yes, I recall that one.

Well, it's not that easy. This is the time of year that you have to ask yourself, did I make the list?
--
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”