spc
Search similar:

uniqs
vtecchump
join:2011-12-08
Richmond Hill, ON

1 edit

vtecchump

[Voip.ms] Voipms on the verge of DID outage?

Anybody else experiencing issues with inbound calls to their DIDs?

We are and the symptoms remind me of the outage that happened a couple months ago. Here is the thread:

»[Voip.ms] VoIP.ms Outage?

Right now it is about 1 out of 10 calls that when received, is all static and distorted. It is not bandwidth static noise, it sounds like hardware failure noise on their end. I know it is their end because I have another trunk from another provider and those DIDs are working perfectly.

This first started on Tuesday. Anybody else notice this?

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

Re: [Voip.ms] Voipms on the verge of DID outage

No issues here.

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

Trimline to vtecchump

Premium Member

to vtecchump
No problems to report.
FastAtLast
300 baud and beyond
join:2004-04-07
Vero Beach, FL

1 edit

FastAtLast to vtecchump

to vtecchump
No issues here

edit: perhaps the OP should add a "?" to the end of the thread title

unvexed
@ationofdeposit.net

unvexed to vtecchump

Anon

to vtecchump
The two voicemails I received so far today, and the bunches that I received on recent days, all sounded fine.
IPfaxer
join:2010-10-24

1 edit

IPfaxer to vtecchump

to vtecchump
-
IPfaxer

IPfaxer

and by the way, this was over a number of days and not just an isolated incident
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to IPfaxer

Premium Member

to IPfaxer
I tried some Richmond Hill DIDs and found no problems over 10 calls. What rate centre(s) are your DID(s) from?
vtecchump
Richmond Hill, ON

vtecchump to IPfaxer

to IPfaxer
My DIDs do work but I get random distorted "hiss" sounds. Some of you may know if you were around the last time there was an outage.

I think your problem might be something different, as it sounds way worse than what I am experiencing.

Also to note, my DIDs average 200 calls a day so this might be why we notice it.
IPfaxer

IPfaxer

I would guess that people who do not notice this are not calling their own number from another carrier to see what happens.

Or else, their DIDs are being handled differently or by different 3rd parties.

All I can say, is 5 or more times out of 10, incoming calls did not work. Busy, silence, or error message "number you dialed can't be reached, check the number and try again, etc.." Obviously, that is not good!

That some people received a voicemail or a call does not mean all calls are actually getting through to them. Also, for those not using it for work, it may not even matter to them if callers have to try more than once to reach them
vtecchump
Richmond Hill, ON

vtecchump to Mango

to Mango
Inbound are going through IAX2 trunk to IPPBX from Houston
FastAtLast
300 baud and beyond
join:2004-04-07
Vero Beach, FL

FastAtLast to IPfaxer

to IPfaxer
I notice that you have been having trouble with your Callcentric DID _ do you also have a VOIP.ms account?
IPfaxer

1 edit

IPfaxer

We tried using servers in Atlanta, Chicago and NY. Outgoing calls were really great. But people could not call in most of the time. We tried the DIDs from multiple carriers, Verizon, AT&T, other VOIP carriers, no difference, either busy, silent, or error message most of the time we tested. ......
IPfaxer

IPfaxer to FastAtLast

to FastAtLast
Yes, all CC accounts fixed by Iscream and I did post about that in another thread. Not related to this thread at all.

Yes, tried voip.ms accounts and this DID issue was a real problem.
IPfaxer

1 edit

IPfaxer to vtecchump

to vtecchump

Re: [Voip.ms] Voipms on the verge of DID outage?

-
vtecchump
Richmond Hill, ON

vtecchump

Oakville/Mississauga

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by vtecchump:

Oakville/Mississauga

aka 905/289/365 most likely

(or 416/647/437)

Source : »www.cnac.ca/npa_codes/np ··· _map.htm
vtecchump
Richmond Hill, ON

vtecchump

ok just to update.

I changed the POP to Toronto2 and protocol to SIP and we haven't experienced this over the last 45 mins. Will keep updating.
IPfaxer

1 edit

IPfaxer to vtecchump

to vtecchump
-
IPfaxer

IPfaxer to vtecchump

to vtecchump
protocol was only SIP during testing and we tried atlanta, chicago and NY, all did same behavior

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to IPfaxer

Premium Member

to IPfaxer
said by IPfaxer:

we noticed for 315....

Upstate NY ?
vtecchump
Richmond Hill, ON

vtecchump to IPfaxer

to IPfaxer
Can you test right now and tell if it is still happening to you?

I want to know if switching my POP fixed the problem or if the whole problem was fixed 45 mins ago.

Let me know, thanks.
IPfaxer

IPfaxer

we switched to 3 different pops - no change - we can't keep testing POPs or different DIDs

try your DID incoming from another carrier a few times during the day and tomorrow and see what happens, hopefully they resolved it but if so, they did it silently

alarming that it is not just a single area code so I have no idea what the problem is and they do not want to say I guess
vtecchump
Richmond Hill, ON

vtecchump

Looks like it's not fixed.

It is now happening at a rate of 1 out of 15 calls.
IPfaxer

1 edit

IPfaxer

self delete

suppafly
Premium Member
join:2009-11-27

1 edit

suppafly to vtecchump

Premium Member

to vtecchump
Hello vtecchump

As mentioned on our ticket conversation, you requested us not to alter the routing for testing until a time you set, tonight, We will wait that time to perform our tests. We will test them properly from several providers since our test from yesterday couldnt duplicate any issues, as specified on the ticket. We will make sure to call it from as many carriers as possible and place several dozen test calls. Thank you

IPfaxer:

At this moment there is no outage of DID numbers, either Canadian or American, so please provide me your ticket number, since the issues you are reporting are definitely not of my knowledge at the moment.

There is no major communication misstep, I think it has been proved on the last weeks that we are able to inform our customers properly of any issues on the service, even through unfortunate events like Sandy in NY.

Our issue tracker mentions that the issues have been completely resolved for the last numbers that may have been down due to the storm. There is nothing to be upfront about if there are no reports of widespread issues affecting any carrier.

USA East Coast DID Numbers (Resolved)
Update Nov. 8, 2012, 9:26 EST

Please provide me your ticket number and I will provide an accurate reply to your possible inquiries. Thank you for your cooperation
IPfaxer

1 edit

IPfaxer

self edit
IPfaxer

1 edit

IPfaxer to suppafly

to suppafly
-
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

1 edit

MartinM

Premium Member

IPfaxer, there will be no further reply from VoIP.ms on this thread. There are too many assumptions, and suppositions. There's a a case of intellectual honesty here, there are no conspiracy theories on our part.

You didn't provide any ticket #, so there's no way we can help you at this time. If you wish to do so, I invite you to send a PM to suppafly and he will be glad to help.

To the OP, we've got you covered, as Peter mentionned, testing will be scheduled at the time of your convenience, as discussed in the ticket. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and I hope we get to the bottom of this asap.

Edit: Because some of the replies in the thread (About 4) have been edited out, I'm guessing some of the content of my reply to IPfaxer is no longer relevant.. Apologies to DSLR readers

Regards.
IPfaxer

1 edit

IPfaxer

That's up to you. But it is not just that one user. I know of several users myself. No, we do not require further assistance because we are not interesting in participating further in resolving the issue at this time.
.......And I am a fan of your operation, by the way, so don't shoot the messenger.