BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to queenokaos

Re: [Help Me] Need help to set up my D-Link DWL-G710 Range Exten

How is the DWL connected? Is it connected via a wired LAN cable to the main host router? I would try this mode and see if it will get access. You'll need to set up the wireless SSID and security. If your main host router already has wifi, you can use the same SSID and password, however you'll need to manually set a different channel to use from what the main host router is using. They can be on the same channel. Preferred security is WPA2 and AES or Auto TPIK and AES.

»Dlink DWL-G710 wireless extender Help Needed

queenokaos

join:2012-11-09
said by BimmerE38FN:

How is the DWL connected? Is it connected via a wired LAN cable to the main host router? I would try this mode and see if it will get access. You'll need to set up the wireless SSID and security. If your main host router already has wifi, you can use the same SSID and password, however you'll need to manually set a different channel to use from what the main host router is using. They can be on the same channel. Preferred security is WPA2 and AES or Auto TPIK and AES.

»Dlink DWL-G710 wireless extender Help Needed

Yes I connected it with a wire LAN Cable.

What do you mean by the rest? how can I set up the SSID and security when I cannot access access the extended through the default Ip address.

Yes my modem has router. how can i find the SSID for the Thomson?
I do not have alot of knowledge in networking but very basic.