spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SunnyD
join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

SunnyD

Spin.

Still, AT&T could just as easily spin those 40-some-odd deals into "See, there was a spectrum crunch. By not approving the merger, you just made us look elsewhere for the spectrum."

I'm not trying to be an AT&T apologist, since all they're doing is hoarding spectrum anyway. I'm just saying that should the need arise, AT&T will just spin this news however they see fit and force feed it to those that are in charge.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by SunnyD:

Still, AT&T could just as easily spin those 40-some-odd deals into "See, there was a spectrum crunch. By not approving the merger, you just made us look elsewhere for the spectrum."

And everyone, except the big corporate haters, says there is and will be a spectrum crunch. So AT&T is just making sure the spectrum shortage doesn't affect them. Good planning on their part.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 edit

ArrayList

Premium Member

said by FFH5 See Profile
And everyone, except the big corporate haters...

Who is 'everyone' in relation to the 'big corporate haters'?

Do the 'big corporate haters' not matter? I think everyone matters, including the 'big corporate haters'.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer

Premium Member

Are 'big corporate haters' :

A) People of large stature that hate corporations
Or
B) People who hate big corporations but not small ones

The term is a little confusing.

The Limit
Premium Member
join:2007-09-25
Denver, CO

The Limit to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
So you would agree that using LTE as an alternative to wireline service is not feasible, seeing as this spectrum crunch is looming over our heads.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by The Limit:

So you would agree that using LTE as an alternative to wireline service is not feasible, seeing as this spectrum crunch is looming over our heads.

Not necessarily. LTE protocol supports many different spectrum bands. Rural point-to-point connections to replace wireline could use frequencies not conducive to mobile use. Usage of non-mobile frequencies for landline replacement wouldn't conflict with mobile spectrum requirements and any spectrum crunch for mobile use.

The Limit
Premium Member
Denver, CO

The Limit

Premium Member

In other words, there's no spectrum crunch.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by The Limit:

In other words, there's no spectrum crunch.

That isn't what I said. But you will believe what you want no matter what anyone says anyway.

The Limit
Premium Member
Denver, CO

The Limit

Premium Member

Forgive me, but what's the difference in a "fixed" LTE connection on a PC vs a a mobile LTE connection on a PC? Mobile connections would presumably consume less data right? In other words, what's the difference? I ask the question in all seriousness, not out of trolling. Of course I'm going to believe what I want to believe given the evidence.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to The Limit

to The Limit
said by The Limit:

Until the insane caps go away LTE is not an alternative to wireline services.

The Limit
Premium Member
Denver, CO

The Limit

Premium Member

We have others here who think otherwise, but it's a contradiction because of this looming doomsday. Give the carriers what they want and we will be fine and dandy. smh.