uniqs
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

1 recommendation

67845017 (banned) to djrobx

to djrobx

Re: We've passed Peak Apple....

Fanboys will always be fanboys and suck up Apple stuff. But for those with a more discerning opinion, as long as Apple behaves like it's magical shit they're producing, people will call them on it when it isn't.

People make a big deal about glitches from all manufacturers. It's only amplified because Apple first denies and then has to come to terms with the fallout. Again, if you're promising magic and you're not delivering, you'll get called on it. No matter the company--don't think it's because Apple is so fantastic. It's just that non-Apple people are more than willing to throw their tech providers under the bus for messing up even in little ways. Whereas Apple fanboys don't want to admit that the product is, just possibly, not living up to the magical standards. It reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes story.
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

1 recommendation

Daemon

Premium Member

said by 67845017:

Fanboys will always be fanboys and suck up Apple stuff. But for those with a more discerning opinion, as long as Apple behaves like it's magical shit they're producing, people will call them on it when it isn't.

People make a big deal about glitches from all manufacturers. It's only amplified because Apple first denies and then has to come to terms with the fallout. Again, if you're promising magic and you're not delivering, you'll get called on it. No matter the company--don't think it's because Apple is so fantastic. It's just that non-Apple people are more than willing to throw their tech providers under the bus for messing up even in little ways. Whereas Apple fanboys don't want to admit that the product is, just possibly, not living up to the magical standards. It reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes story.

Can you provide a couple of comparable anecdotes that support your opinion? It seems to me that glitches in Apple products get over-hyped by the tech press because they drive page views.

For example, the Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE. Google said that it wasn't possible to do it due to the variety of carriers. Did that story gain any traction? Not that I saw--only the verge wrote about it. But, many wrote about how the iPhone 4S was going to be a failure because it didn't have LTE.