spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dannyg40
@wideopenwest.com

dannyg40

Anon

New Ultra TV - Questions

Ok, just got the Ultra TV installed. He gave me my router password and I'm able to log into it with my phone with the wireless, but I can't log into my router on my computer. I tried a search from this forum and tried leaving it blank, admin, the number the installer gave me, and can't log in. Any ideas ? Also, I shut my TV off with the remote, but do the new boxes that are on the TV's shut off to or dothey stay on all the time ? I see no power button or light that should go off.
Thanks
Expand your moderator at work
alan92rttt
join:2012-02-27

alan92rttt to dannyg40

to dannyg40

Re: New Ultra TV - Questions

The player stay on all the time. They don't use much power and go into a standby mode when not doing anything.

For the gateway login, you are using your webbrowser and going to 192.168.0.1?

IIRC the user ID is admin and the initial password is blank.
dannyg402004
join:2012-11-09

dannyg402004

I called WOW, she told me I have no access to the loggin at 192.168.0.1 to get into my router, that's for the tech guy only. Thats strange because I see posts here that people are logging into it and changing the password and stuff. Also, I can't record anything. I get an error "3308 cant connect to server", whats that about ?

Thanks
dannyg402004

1 recommendation

dannyg402004

Oh, Im the same guy, I registered, told me dannyg40 was taken.

dannyg40
@wideopenwest.com

dannyg40 to alan92rttt

Anon

to alan92rttt
Tried logging in like that says incorrect password. I called WOW and she told me that is not for me to access. She said that there are settings that can get messed up and thats only for the installer to access. Dont understand that one. I see everyone here posting how they log into their router and change settings and stuff so now Im really confused. Also, I cant record anything. Trying to set some recordings and all I get on the TV is "3308 error cant connect to server". Dont know why, any ideas ? Thanks
alan92rttt

alan92rttt to dannyg40

to dannyg40
You got a clueless CS rep. Hopefully WOW_dan will swing by here and help.
dannyg402004

dannyg402004

Thanks,
I'm going to see if I can message WOW_dan.
dannyg402004

1 edit

dannyg402004

Thank You WOW_dan for the fix with my 2 issues !

Next question about Ultra I have....
With my old DVR I had it set to "stretch" on the box, and "just scan" on my TV. 16x9 would really cut everything off on the TV so I always left it on Just Scan. The new Arris Media Box gives me the "stretch" option, and with all the options like 16:9, just scan, the picture seems a little "squished". Like the wideness is still to narrow even though it fits the screen. People and pictures seem "thin". I set the TV to "wide fit" and it looks right, but then the on screen menu and all the box display options seem really "zoomed in" and cut off. Any suggestions or is the kinda "narrow" picture right ? I was used to the old box when you hit stretch it stretched everything.

Thanks everyone.

Other than that I have no issues, just getting used to the remote, shortcuts, and moving through the menu, but like anything, that will take a little time and messing around.
alan92rttt

alan92rttt to dannyg40

to dannyg40
menu-> settings -> Aspect Ratio -> pick the right one for your TV.

staying in settings goto Tv Setup and select the resolutions that your TV supports.

Once both are set it should work.
dannyg402004

dannyg402004

Thanks alan92rttt,
I did that and it looks ok, I guess I was just used to the old stretch on the dvr box that would really stretch the picture out. But then I didn't like that because the scores on football games and stuff were always cut off on the left. I wish the Ultra had the "favorites" button. I had about 15 favorites stored on my old dvd remote, and you can hit the button and scroll up and flip through the favorite changes real quick. Maybe there is a way to do it with the Ultra remote. Have to mess with it and find out.
dannyg402004

dannyg402004

Oh and WOW_dan,
If you happen to read this .. Yesterday when you were sending me the update it bumped you off because as soon as I got off the phone with WOW I told you to send the update, you started, and at the same time they were trying to reset the gateway, that's what messed up the update you were sending. Everything is fine and Thank You again.
alan92rttt

alan92rttt to dannyg40

to dannyg40
Their is a favorites feature.

menu button then scroll left or right till you get to "favorite channels" its got a heart option.

You can edit the channel list via the setup menu to remove channels that you don't have/watch.
dannyg402004

dannyg402004

Found it ! Thank You
dannyg402004

dannyg402004

alan92rttt,
I set my TV to 16:9, and the ultra box is set to 1080i 1080p 24hz and 1080p 30hz (all 3 selected) and "stretch". If I set the picture to "wide fit" on the TV is looks better but it also looks to "zoomed in". Is that right that the picture still looks "narrow"? On my old dvr I had it set to "stretch" and the TV to "Just scan" and the picture was perfect. Also, some content shows up like in 4:3 letter box, like mainly commercials, but I never had the screen do that with the dvr box. I tried setting the option for "480i for non HD content", but then it gives me a warning that selecting that option my cause conflicts with some TV content.

Thanks
alan92rttt

alan92rttt to dannyg40

to dannyg40
I have my TV's set to just display the image(no zoom or stretch) As long as your TV supports the resolutions you have selected in setup everything should look fine.
dannyg402004

dannyg402004

Thanks,
It actually does look better the more I watch it. The "stretch" on the old DVR box did make he picture over run and made people look "wide", setting that to normal made it look to thin. This is working out good.
dannyg402004

dannyg402004

Ok, last complaint about Ultra. Anyone from WOW cable, I seen a few comments about this before, but can you guys please really do something about being able to change the color of the clock display on the Media boxes ? That fluorescent blue color is really impossible to see the clock.

Thank You

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

You know you can vary the brightness?
I really think the color is fine, but its way too small.

I just wish the down-arrow on the remote would also display time.
And that play and fast-forward would also display the episode name.
alan92rttt

alan92rttt to dannyg40

to dannyg40
For me, varying the brightness does not help. That clock it worthless. But its a media player so I can survive with out a good clock on it.
dannyg402004

dannyg402004

Brightness don't help me either. I thought for sure my Blu-ray player had a power off clock option but it don't. That's ok, everything is working out ok. I'm just a little confused yet when it comes to erasing recordings and stuff. Seems like the old way with the old dvr box was a lot simpler. But it's my fault cause I forget that there is that slight pause when you hit a button and the box to react so I push the button again and Im in something else. Its working out good though with no issues.

Thanks Everyone
dannyg402004

dannyg402004 to usa2k

to usa2k
Just noticed. My up and down arrow show the time to the very left of the channel descriptoon. Maybe you have the tv screen setting wrong anx its just cut off ???

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

OK, not sure if that is new or not!?

The up/down arrow view time is way smaller that the set top display, yet way easier to see. I will use that, now its available.
dannyg402004

1 recommendation

dannyg402004

Sorry about the bad spelling sometimes, I'm using my phone sometimes and its hard to until it's to late and posted. The arrow key showing the time works for me good enough..