share rss forum feed
« Funny company
This is a sub-selection from Verizon

jcondon

join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY
reply to DrModem

Re: Verizon

The Nexus line is for people who like to hack their phones or maybe 1% of Verizon customers. The Nexus is a niche phone. I went with the S3 as the camera on the Nexus phones will very likely always be sub par (software).

What is good about nexus for the carriers is they get lots of insight and help from Google to make their phones better.

»www.gottabemobile.com/2012/08/22···nuscule/

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

said by jcondon:

The Nexus line is for people who like to hack their phones or maybe 1% of Verizon customers. The Nexus is a niche phone. I went with the S3 as the camera on the Nexus phones will very likely always be sub par (software).

The Nexus line is for people who want the Android experience without the bullshit the vendors like to pull that degrades the user experience. Nexus phones get frequent updates and vanilla Android. Just like all iPhone and Windows phone users. It is Google's response to all the manufacturers who insist on shipping sub-par Android experiences.
--
"Padre, nobody said war was fun now bowl!" - Sherman T Potter

»maxolasersquad.com/

»maxolasersquad.blogspot.com

»www.facebook.com/maxolasersquad

jcondon

join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

Still doesn't change the fact they are not major sellers and don't make that big a difference to the carriers in terms of subscribers. Very few average smart phone buyers care or even know about the Google Experience and of those who do not everyone one wants one.

Verizon doesn't need the LG Nexus 4. And without LTE it would suck anyway.

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

said by jcondon:

Still doesn't change the fact they are not major sellers and don't make that big a difference to the carriers in terms of subscribers. Very few average smart phone buyers care or even know about the Google Experience and of those who do not everyone one wants one.

I was only making the point that Nexus's target market isn't just hackers.

netwire
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Shelby, NC
kudos:1
reply to jcondon

said by jcondon:

What is good about nexus for the carriers is they get lots of insight and help from Google to make their phones better.

»www.gottabemobile.com/2012/08/22···nuscule/

I would not say that's so true. Anyone that knows how to install custom rom's on their phone would go for the phone that has the best specs because pretty much every phone has great developers. Look at the S3, the boot loader was unlocked rather quickly.
--
The above nonsense was brought to you in part by Netwire. Your premier internet discussion board information and solutions provider.