said by koam:
Does anyone know if this is likely to work?
You should have stated your objective in the first post. I needed to move profiles in W7 so I could use Deep Freeze on the C: drive. I did this a couple of years ago, so my memory of the event is not very fresh. Here is the process I was able to condense after reading the 3 tutorials linked below. You might find some new tips in those tuts.Using Registry Editor
To accomplish this using Registry editor, follow these steps:
· Create the destination folder first
· Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
· For per-user special folders, navigate to the following location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders
· For per-system special folders, navigate to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders
· Double-click the corresponding shell folder name
· Change the Value data accordingly, mentioning the destination path
· Close Regedit.exe
. In Safe Mode, "Move" the user data folders from the original folder to the new folder using Windows "Drag and Move". When prompted about the .ini files tell it to move them too.
The final "Move" operation is performed in safe mode while logged into a different profile than the one you are moving.