All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
andrewcfitz
join:2012-01-23

andrewcfitz to David

to David

Re: Fair warning! 3rd party purchase of U-verse IPDSLAM modem

Will this one work? Or do I need an AT&T specific one?

»www.amazon.com/Motorola- ··· 02KCNW2Y

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Just judging by the picture, that won't work. You need the black Motorola 2210-02-1ATT.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer to andrewcfitz

Premium Member

to andrewcfitz
said by andrewcfitz:

Will this one work? Or do I need an AT&T specific one?

»www.amazon.com/Motorola- ··· 02KCNW2Y

Will it work for what?

The model number in the on-line ad does not explicitly say 2210-02-1ATT, and the image shows what appears to be the old silver case ATM based DSL modem (the 2210-02-1ATT modems that I have seen were black, but perhaps not all of them are). The somewhat vague description combined with some of the user feedback comments also seems to point to it being a standard ATM based DSL modem (and being one of the batch of 2210's that tended to self destruct). If that is so, then it would possibly work just fine if you connect it to a traditional ATM based DSL circuit (if it is not one of the "easy-bake" modems that cook themselves).

Unfortunately, Amazon is infamous for not posting the correct images for products that they sell, and for not fully disclosing exactly what model of any particular product is actually being sold. So unless you can get Amazon to fully identify the model number, there really isn't any way to know for sure other than buying one and seeing what is actually shipped.