how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MEeastern_ca

join:2012-01-12
Brampton, ON

Colosseum Online Inc. review

I have taken colosseum Online to court and won. I brought them to court for not providing DSL Internet service and not returning my money. colosseum online located in Toronto,8-800 Petrolia Road claimed they did not know about the court date and yet they appeared at the mandatory mediation in which they demanded I apologize to them. This issue was resolved in Brampton court plantiff claim SC-11-8213-00

hm

@videotron.ca

Any direct link to this ruling? Or transcript(s)? Any other more detailed info available, or that you can offer?

Are they a reseller of Teksavvy or Acanac? They seem to have a "pay a year up front" like Acanac.

In addition, all Internet providers are supposed to show a link to the CCTS for problem resolution. This site & company appears not to follow mandated requirements.

I hope they don't sell to Quebec residents. This company, like Acanac, falsely claims you are subject only to Ontario laws and Ontario court.

REFUND POLICY
(c) For all monthly GAS (PPPoE) DSL services, there are no refunds. All sales are final.

3. Calculation of Refund (ie. if paid a year up front).
Any months or parts of months used will be multiplied by the regular Monthly Plan rate for the corresponding Monthly Plan of the Yearly Plan. The product of this calculation will be subtracted from Yearly Fee that was paid for the DSL service. Any amount left over is the refund.

lol
Same as Acanac, which appears to break some consumer laws in Quebec. Dunno about Ontario.

MEeastern_ca, you always seem to go for these mickey mouse companies and then post here. Why do you even bother with these mickey mouse companies?

MEeastern_ca

Brampton, ON

As for the link hm you can look this information up based on the court order. I do not believe.

As for Mickey mouse companies. If I pay for a service and they failed to supply this service then the company should be punished. Colosseum offered to refund me my money but refused to perform the action.

markf

join:2008-01-24
Burlington, ON
kudos:1
reply to MEeastern_ca

You didn't file with the BBB?

They have an A+ rating with no complaints. Not sure if you can now, but might help someone else there.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to MEeastern_ca

said by MEeastern_ca:

As for the link hm you can look this information up based on the court order. I do not believe.

As for Mickey mouse companies. If I pay for a service and they failed to supply this service then the company should be punished. Colosseum offered to refund me my money but refused to perform the action.

The point is that you have a pattern of signing up with fly-by-night companies and then inevitably being upset when they implode or fail to provide decent service. If you would just start out with a reputable company to begin with, you wouldn't be changing providers every other month.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

hm

@videotron.ca

In a way I think it's good. This way it just confirms what we keep telling him and at the same time he gets to go to court or file with the CCTS. And I do suppose he doesn't just demand a refund on money spent, in both instances he can demand compensation. More than enough fly by nights providing services that can make him a pay check for the next year.
*shrug*

Seems he's onto Ebox now (not that this one is a fly by night)

MEeastern_ca

Brampton, ON

Maybe you people who probably work for Colosseum don't realize that this is a court decision a company with a A+ rating settles the issue before it goes to court. Colosseum Online inc in Canada,Ontario, Toronto did not even show up for court and did not respond to the first subpoena sent to the company.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC

said by MEeastern_ca:

Maybe you people who probably work for Colosseum don't realize that this is a court decision a company with a A+ rating settles the issue before it goes to court. Colosseum Online inc in Canada,Ontario, Toronto did not even show up for court and did not respond to the first subpoena sent to the company.

Please identify which people in this thread you're claiming work for some tiny fly-by-night company that none of us had ever heard of before before you chose them as your ISP-of-the-week?
--

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to MEeastern_ca

said by MEeastern_ca:

Maybe you people who probably work for Colosseum don't realize

I'm not sure where or why this is being said, but ok.
*scratches head*

I don't have much time between my job for the MPAA, my copyright extortion company, Canprie, and, now, my new job over at Colosseum to go further than what I wrote here.

*shrug*

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
reply to MEeastern_ca

Who cares?

akoostik

@allstream.net
reply to hm

said by hm :

said by MEeastern_ca:

Maybe you people who probably work for Colosseum don't realize

I don't have much time between my job for the MPAA, my copyright extortion company, Canprie, and, now, my new job over at Colosseum to go further than what I wrote here.

*shrug*

Haven't you also been moonlighting as the CRTC Chairman too?

Farchord
Lost somewhere.

join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC
reply to MEeastern_ca

Cool, we work for a company that we didn't know about!

Now, where do we get our checks? XD

grunze510

join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

said by Farchord:

Cool, we work for a company that we didn't know about!

Now, where do we get our checks? XD

Look for one of those "free iPad" things and who knows, maybe they'll send you a check for $500 for no reason.
/s

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to markf

said by markf:

They have an A+ rating with no complaints.

A+ ratings are purchased. It's impossible to get anything higher than an A without giving them money.

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2

Yep. The BBB is truly a marketing scam in itself.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

The point is that you have a pattern of signing up with fly-by-night companies and then inevitably being upset when they implode or fail to provide decent service. If you would just start out with a reputable company to begin with, you wouldn't be changing providers every other month.

Reputable is so subjective. Even TSI for a lot of people would be considered fly-by-night too. All the other independents and CLECs are very much a mixed bag too.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to MEeastern_ca

TSI isn't fly-by-night by definition, since they've been in business for 14 years...
--

Etobicoke, ON

said by Guspaz:

TSI isn't fly-by-night by definition, since they've been in business for 14 years...

fly-by-night has more than one meaning and Colosseum has been in business for over a decade.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by 34764170:

fly-by-night has more than one meaning

What other meaning is it, then?

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to 34764170

said by 34764170:

Reputable is so subjective. Even TSI for a lot of people would be considered fly-by-night too.

said by Guspaz:

I think the word(s) you are both looking for are:
disreputable, disgraceful, dishonorable, ignominious, infamous, louche, notorious, opprobrious, shady, shameful, shoddy, shy, unrespectable.

See: »www.merriam-webster.com/dictiona···eputable

They even use an internet service provider as an example in the link. Very similar to the No refund issues for the low quality (or non-service) we see.

So take you pick of one of those words to describe them.

But fly-by-night works just as well since in infers a company who takes your money and gives you nothing in return... kind of like getting a 2-meg service when you were sold a 30-meg service.

So the definition kinda fits them.

Etobicoke, ON
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

said by 34764170:

fly-by-night has more than one meaning

What other meaning is it, then?

Are you new to the Internetz?

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

I'm not new to the Internet, and evidently I know how it works, too.

said by »en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fly-by-night :
Noun
fly-by-night (plural fly-by-nights)
A creature which flies at night; a nocturnal flier or traveler.
One who departs or flees at night in order to avoid creditors, law enforcement etc. (often used attributively).
Do not give your credit card number to that fly-by-night operation.
(idiomatic, derogatory) A person or business that appears and disappears rapidly, or gives an impression of transience.
(idiomatic, derogatory) A traveling businessman or tradesman.
So tell me - what's your "different" definition again for the context of this discussion, again?

hm

@videotron.ca

Gone, that isn't the definative today.

Fly by night
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Look up fly-by-night in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Fly by night, a derisive term for businesses that appear to be transient and/or untrustworthy

Basically anything untrustworthy is called this now. Just like the Merriam-Webster def on it.

You lose you money for nothing = fly-by-night these days.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Click for full size
said by hm :

Gone, that isn't the definative today.

Next time, try clicking on the dictionary link in the upper right-hand corner of the Wikipedia article you search. You may get a more detailed response identical to what I already posted, without the need to insert your own commentary.
Expand your moderator at work