Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
reply to Warzau

Re: Crap cracked toilet!

Oh heck, sorry. I was thinking it was an upside-down pic of the base. The brass bolts threw me. Apologies.

I would replace it. Hard to tell how far the crack spreads in the pics. Stress may break it.
--
I'm not anti-social, I just don't like stupid people.

Tig

join:2006-06-29
Carrying Place, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
said by Juggernaut:

Oh heck, sorry. I was thinking it was an upside-down pic of the base. The brass bolts threw me. Apologies.

Yeah, I was going to point out that toilets were not meant to be inverted and bolted to the ceiling.
Agree with the replace/fix comments. You don't want a tank of water dumped on the floor when it finally fails.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
said by Tig:

said by Juggernaut:

Yeah, I was going to point out that toilets were not meant to be inverted and bolted to the ceiling.
Agree with the replace/fix comments. You don't want a tank of water dumped on the floor when it finally fails.

May be way more than a tank if no one catches it quick as the lack of water would allow the float to go down starting the now endless fill process. Worse if away for the weekend come home to a flooded house.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
It's the bowl rim, not the tank.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
said by Juggernaut:

It's the bowl rim, not the tank.

I guess the way I am seeing it is if the failure for whatever reason caused the rubber gasket not to seal fully anymore the upper tank would leak. So if the wrong type of catastrophic failure?