All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

[Classes] Warrior Fury Guide to Killing everything that moves.

This guide, like my tank guide, is based of of what I think works best for my playstyle. Always remember that everyone plays differently and this is just a guide for newbie warriors or veterans returning to dps.

Basic information about Fury
Fury at the moment is topping arms in Total Sustainable DPS. There really isn't a build "variation" as where most of our talents depend on whatever situation you're in. Right now there isn't a noticeable difference between Single-Minded and Titan's Grip. I choose to remain as Titan's Grip due to the fact I already had 2 2 Handed weapons.

Talents
Tier 1
-Juggernaut reduces the cooldown of Charge by 8 seconds (down to 12 seconds)
-Double Time removes Charge's cooldown, instead making operate on a charge system. Maximum of 2 charges before the cooldown is started. Each Charge has a 20 sec cooldown and only 1 generates 2 rage. So if you charge twice in a row, 40 second CD.
-Warbringer causes Charge to stun the target for 3 seconds.

These are really based around encounter mechanics. My personal choice is Juggernaut for the 12 sec charge CD.

Tier 2
-Impending Victory replaces Victory Rush. 30 sec CD, 10% HP heal and only cost 10 rage. This should be the only talent that you choose. The best of the 3 other ones that I won't even mention.

Tier 3
These are our Crowd Control talents. Just snag the appropriate talent for the type of mobs you will be dealing with.

Tier 4
-Bladestorm deals damage to all enemies with 8 yards for 6 seconds. While bladestorming, you can only use your shouts and no other abilities. 1 min and 30 sec cooldown.
-Shockwave deals damage and stuns all enemies in a 10 yard cone in front of you for 4 seconds. 20 sec CD.
-Dragon Roar deals damage to all enemies with 8 yards, knocking them back and stunning them for 3 seconds. This ability ignores armor and is a guaranteed critical strike. 1 min CD.

The best option is Dragon Roar. Bladestorm at the moment is great for AoE, but for single target it just can't produce the damage that Dragon Roar does. Shockwave can deal similar damage as Dragon Roar, but you'll waste more global cooldowns and lower your DPS trying to fit it in every 20 secs.

Tier 5
This is another talent slot that depends on your raid comp and/or needs of the raid.

Tier 6
-Avatar is a DPS cooldown that increases your damage by 20%. It no longer increases your rage generation or make you immune to movement impairing effects. Instead it removes in current effect on you. 3 min CD.
-Bloodbath is a DPS cooldown that cause all your special attacks to place a bleed on the target, equal to 30% of the damage per attack. The ability last for 12 seconds and the bleed last for 6 seconds there after. Each new special ability restarts the bleed while Bloodbath is active. This is a 1 min CD.
-Stormbolt is a 3 second single target stun that also deals a moderate amount of damage to the target. If the target cannot be stunned (e.g. Raid Bosses), the damage is significantly increased. This is a 30 sec CD.

Bloodbath is the best out the 3 talents. It provides a bigger dps boost than Avatar currently. I ran a few tests on this and with my current gear, I found it marginal. This may be gear dependent with having a higher crit rating.
Cptbeatstix

Cptbeatstix

Re: [Classes] Warrior Fury Guide to Killing everything that move

Reserved.
Cptbeatstix

Cptbeatstix

Reserved again.
Gan
join:2009-04-10
Taiwan

Gan to Cptbeatstix

to Cptbeatstix
said by Cptbeatstix:

-Double Time removes Charge's cooldown, instead making operate on a charge system. Maximum of 2 charges before the cooldown is started. Each Charge has a 20 sec cooldown and only 1 generates 2 rage. So if you charge twice in a row, 40 second CD.

Partially true. It's a 40 second CD to get all your 2 charges back. You can actually charge again every 20 seconds after you use your initial 2 charges, as if it's been reverted to an untalented ability. I find double time to be very situational, mostly in PvP where it can have some great utility upon opening an attack, especially in 2v2 arenas or against blink/roll/port and even pushback classes.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
i will repectfully disagree with you on bloodbath for fury, fury's mastery is rage affects causing more damage, a bleed does nothing for fury, which is why we do not spread bleeds like arms does, Avatar is the best for fury even without the rage regen increase. a controlled usage of zerker rage reck and avatar can cause immense damage, throw in dragons roar and i hit unreal numbers even single target.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Avatar isn't an Enrage effect. Fury mastery doesn't affect it.

Bloodbath effectively lets you do 30% more damage for 10 seconds once a minute. Fury CDs line up very nicely at that minute, so you get a LOT of burst going, to be able to get max usage out of it.

Avatar is fine, but once the rage nerf hits in 5.1, it will become far worse.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

the only thing the rage nerf does is make smf more appealing, but its a flat 20% increase to all damage, so with being enraged and that extra 20 added on depending on your mastery you can have 50 or more % increased damage for 20 secs.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Orrr you can 10s of burst into a 30% damage increase for 10 seconds every minute.

I mean, Bloodbath is a flat 5% increase (30% damage * 10s / 60s) before you take into account the ability to load it up during high damage phases, where as Avatar is a 4% increase after the adjustments (20% increase * 24s / 120s). The rage effects counter-balance the lack of pure % increase, but consider that a larger chunk of the damage is outside of the CSmash debuff (so its benefit isn't amplified as much), with a relatively high chance of Enrage not being present for the entire duration, as well as lining up poorly with Reck, Shat Throw, and Skull Banner.

Once the rage effects are gone, Avatar is clearly worse, unless you need to break a root or something.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

on a stand a deliver type of fight or a movement fight where you dont get to stack up with BB, do you have any numbers i can look at nick? i understand your math but i would like some real application numbers to see.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Well, yes, if you have fights where your uptime is such that you can't stack BB on cooldown, but you do have 30s stretches to get full use out of Avatar, then sure.

But those fights are going to be weird. Maybe if you have the WORST transitions on Zor'lok it could be an issue.

I don't have personal numbers; I was just napkin mathing because I've been thinking about it.

And, as always, fight mechanics may negate generic choices. I'd run Avatar on Elegon because a faster end phase is very important, and BB isn't particularly good for bursting down Orbs (though BB + Dragon's Roar at the spawn would be pretty saucy)

But I tank Elegon, so.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

The reason that Bloodbath is an overall DPS increase is because of the bleed. So the more damage you can output in 12 seconds while it is up, the higher the bleed is. I have seen upwards of 21k BB ticks. That is a big bleed. Thing is you should be using along with other dps cooldowns such as Dragon's roar and Rescklessness. The choice between BB and Avatar is purely situational. But as I've stated, this is what fits my play style. I'll get world of logs working tonight and try to get some numbers post between BB vs. Avatar. Honestly, if you are lacking in the gear department, Avatar is going to work better for you. BB really should be used once you have a decent amount of crit. The throughput for BB is higher that Avatar though atm. But it isn't something exponentionally bigger though.