spc
uniqs
jj358mhz
join:2004-10-06
Berkeley, CA

jj358mhz to Willyamm

to Willyamm

Re: U-Verse Constant Drops @ Night

Where is your filter? I ask because mine is outside at the NID and after about five years (being exposed to the elements), it degraded to the point where I was getting a lot of CRC errors. Once it was replaced, the line always stays synced to its max rate and the modulation holds at ADSL2+.
Willyamm
join:2012-11-10

Willyamm

I'm not sure I follow on the filter part, I had them when I had a DSL line but removed them upon getting my Uverse Line.

Of all the techs that have come out, we've had a new drop line run from the pole to the house, a box put outside (NID?), about 3 different phone jack/filters (i think what you're talking about?) because everytime a tech comes the next one says that this one is the wrong one.

I had the service from Feb to Aug with maybe just a small handful of disconnects, maybe less than 5 IIRC. However the month of Aug was seriously maybe 5 hours of uptime a day.

Now it's is stable and looking solid in the day, and around this time of night lets say starting at 11 I'll start seeing multiple drops, both Line State and Broadband Connection.
Willyamm

2 edits

Willyamm

I should also mention I had a new CAT5 cable run as well.
Here are my statistics for late night.

Downstream Upstream
SN Margin (dB) 7.5 14.3
Line Attenuation (dB) 34.0 18.9
Output Power(dBm) 19.0 12.0
Errored Seconds 981 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
FEC Errors 0 0
CRC Errors 12715 0

I should note 7.5 is about as low as it goes. My sample size for nights is rather small since it's just started back doing this 1/2 nights ago, though it appears this is going to be a recurring theme.
I am using a NVG510. I'm thinking I might cash in a warranty and see if maybe a different one helps, though I seriously doubt the modem is the issue since the incidents seem to be isolated to specific times.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to Willyamm

to Willyamm
said by Willyamm:

around this time of night lets say starting at 11 I'll start seeing multiple drops, both Line State and Broadband Connection.

That seems pretty late, but thought I'd mention AM radio interference. There used to be a guy in the AT&T Midwest forum familiar with all kinds of radio, lighting and transformer issues affecting ADSL.

Also my line had a bad Scotchlok in the aerial terminal. Like clockwork on a windy, sunny winter day it would cut out when the sun hit the aerial terminal aka boot. No problem except in the winter.

Lagz
Premium Member
join:2000-09-03
The Rock

Lagz to Willyamm

Premium Member

to Willyamm
Click for full size
said by Willyamm:

I'm not sure I follow on the filter part, I had them when I had a DSL line but removed them upon getting my Uverse Line.

»www.att.com/esupport/art ··· jTVMmEaX