Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
reply to Warzau

Re: Crap cracked toilet!

area of crack
Just to clarify, this is how it is cracked ( black line ). Anyway long night of fussing over it and already looking at new toilets. Prob get same type, of course newer model.
BTW it's a older Kohler Wellworth of course this particular model is discontinued. I looked into just buying the bowl. So it's a new one I have to get. Okay one piece or two piece?

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

said by Warzau:

I looked into just buying the bowl. So it's a new one I have to get. Okay one piece or two piece?

One piece is more expensive and heavier to mess around with, but less chance of cracking the bowl rim where the tank mounts and fewer leak possibilities.

But you can still crack the bowl rim where it bolts to the floor. Comes down to budget and preference.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to Warzau

That's after the flush valve, so any leak would only occur while the toilet is actually flushing. See if you can fix it.

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to Warzau

said by Warzau:

Anyway long night of fussing over it and already looking at new toilets. Prob get same type, of course newer model.
BTW it's a older Kohler Wellworth of course this particular model is discontinued. I looked into just buying the bowl. So it's a new one I have to get. Okay one piece or two piece?

I really like the Kohler Cimarron line. Personally I would never get another one piece. They are too big and bulky to handle easily. Much easier to install a two piece as you can install the bowl and then the tank separately.