Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY

Get your Promos in Writing People it Helped me

Short version of a long story.

A year ago I was offered a deal that included free life time services as long as the account remained opened regardless of the service level.

Fast forward to when original deal expired, and wanted to downgrade certain services, was told I couldn't keep the free services originally offered because they required I didn't downgrade.

Fax'ed over the original documentation showing no minimum service level required, and also proof that the service level they said I needed to keep didn't exist back then.

3 hours later they called back agreed and let me keep the free features.

So get your stuff in writing and don't throw them away.
--
Email/MSN: Michael at hardwaregeeks.comAIM: MikeR35292

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

How did you get it in writing in the first place?

root

join:2002-12-11
reply to HardwareGeek

said by HardwareGeek:

Short version of a long story.

A year ago I was offered a deal that included free life time services as long as the account remained opened regardless of the service level.

Fast forward to when original deal expired, and wanted to downgrade certain services, was told I couldn't keep the free services originally offered because they required I didn't downgrade.

Fax'ed over the original documentation showing no minimum service level required, and also proof that the service level they said I needed to keep didn't exist back then.

3 hours later they called back agreed and let me keep the free features.

So get your stuff in writing and don't throw them away.

Unless I'm missing something and I apologize if I am...but if the services were free why bother downgrading?

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1

Probably something like "Free Boost" or "free international channel package", and not free OOL/OV/iO.

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY

It was a free intl package and free extended dial for OV. Other services which were free for a year was 1 year showtime/starz 1 year DVR plus.

@NyanCat they mailed the offer to me in the mail and I kept it, never threw it out.
--
Email/MSN: Michael at hardwaregeeks.comAIM: MikeR35292