spc
uniqs

Anthor12
@optonline.net

Anthor12 to broadband412

Anon

to broadband412

Re: [OOL] Problems With OOL

Hi! I'm in area code 11206 brooklyn also and internet has been awful lately with pages not loading and very slow speed at random times. It's really upsetting me. I've been with optimum online since 2004 and this is the first time I am experiencing dial up type speeds.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

said by Anthor12 :

Hi! I'm in area code 11206 brooklyn also and internet has been awful lately with pages not loading and very slow speed at random times. It's really upsetting me. I've been with optimum online since 2004 and this is the first time I am experiencing dial up type speeds.

Have you called it in to support?
broadband412
join:2003-06-17
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

broadband412 to Anthor12

to Anthor12
When did this start for you Anthor12. I have called support on Wednesday to report this issue and was told that there was trouble in the area and that someone would be out here yesterday between the hours of 11AM and 2PM. Yesterday came and went and nobody showed up. Since everything seemed ok for most of the day yesterday, I thought that maybe they did not have to come to my place and fixed it from outside but then it started acting up again last night with pings timing out and packet loss. When this happens, I am unable to get a dial tone and if I am on the phone will loose the call at times. I have posted a message to the Optimum Direct forums here and waiting for a response. Things are working alright at the moment which is why I am able to post on here but there is no telling when it will start acting up again. Also doing speed tests show that the upload is not working correctly. Sometimes the upload will come up as 0.5Mbps or will not finish at all. I have no trouble with cable tv and can view on demand programs without any issues.

Anthor12
@optonline.net

Anthor12

Anon

I've been having issues one week before Hurricane Sandy. Then a technician came and replaced my cisco heatoven modem to an Arris TM822 that is almost cool to the touch. Still had some online issues with slow down. Then Hurricane Sandy came and split my cable apart because apparently a technician decided to split my cable outside, putting a splitter on it. So it disconnected for a whole week. I was credited. Technician came and installed a new cable. Since then random issues with speed, pages taking about 2-5 minutes to load. It happens randomly which makes it so upsetting. I can never tell exactly when it happens can happen anytime of the day or night.

I've tried everything...removing power, coaxial, renewing IP address...believe it or not I even did a clean windows install on my computer!

I've called last night and it's saying there is a service issue with area code 11206. I really hope that is the problem and not just something that is only occurring in my building.
broadband412
Brooklyn, NY

broadband412

Same here. I cannot tell when it happens only notice that it is happening. So far it's been working today. It happens at random times. When you called and was told that there is a service issue in this area, were you told that by someone or was it a recording that said it. Thanks.

Anthor12
@optonline.net

Anthor12

Anon

^
When I called yesterday it was a recording that said zip code 11206 has a service outage technicians are working on.

So far today I am not getting the dreaded packet loss, slow down, issues. Let's hope it stays that way.

Looks like you and I have identical service issues with Optimum Online.
broadband412
Brooklyn, NY

broadband412

Same here up until now. Currently having packet loss and slow down issues as of a few minutes ago. I hope this post gets through.