uniqs
share rss forum feed

KahunaNui

join:2000-05-01
Fayetteville, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

[AR] Unable to login to Web Mail

This is really getting tiresome! Now instead of logging in, we are taken to a "Confirm your cox services" registration page where we see a "Already have an account?" link whereupon that takes us back to the very same login page where it then takes us back the the register page.

This is not only ridiculous it's totally asinine.

This happens with FF & SM and a version of Chromium, no matter what UA is given.

In Opera, it still jumps to the location page first which is also asinine.
After that, we must choose our mail UI (classic etc.) and then we can login correctly.

So it appears that their web morons have further botched this website.

What really irks us is the fact that this changes from day to day.
Just yesterday with Chromium instead of 'logging into' the registration page, we were taken to the location page.
Whereupon we had to RE LOGIN to the mail.

Out of literally hundreds of sites, this is the ONLY one giving us this insanity.

P.S. Adblock disabled, referrer enabled, noscript disabled - fresh session (no cache or leftover cookies etc).

What is the 'secret' here? Are we missing something?

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Yea, give up on their webmail and have gmail forward it to your account.

KahunaNui

Fayetteville, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to KahunaNui

No gmail here Rob but that is a great suggestion!

With some UA 'tweaking' we were able to circumvent this login madness.
But it took some doing and STILL was convoluted as heck with double and triple logins necessary.

It 'smells' like they are sniffing what we are using and don't like it:
XP Pro 32 bit w\ older versions of Moz (FF & SM) - even Newest Iron makes 'em choke. Was able to finally login using UA Switcher.

In over 27 years of this, we've never seen anything worse when it comes to a website login.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

With the free email accounts available to us, it be nice if Cox stopped (or charged) for email and just focus on the web.

-Rob

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
reply to KahunaNui

Get a E-mail client and have it remotely connect to your E-mail account. Like Becky Internet Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc. You don't have to use web mail with a client. I never use web mail, and I can use a client on my smartphone to connect if I am traveling.

nmlobo

join:2002-11-02
Yorktown, VA
reply to Rob_

Disagree. I use webmail extensively when I travel. Why would I want to create another email account with another provider or install another email client when webmail works fine 95% of the time.

BryanInPHX
Premium
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
reply to KahunaNui

And Please get rid of this new prompt, Go back to the radio buttons at login.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
reply to nmlobo

Google, Mail.com etc have web based clients. ISP's should focus on internet and raising the caps while we become more connected. You don't need Cox to provide email. If a customer wants it, let them pay for it.

-Rob

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6

said by Rob_:

You don't need Cox to provide email. If a customer wants it, let them pay for it.

If Cox dropped email, I'm willing to bet you'd be one of the first in line to say you were getting robbed and should get a price reduction since they took something away or a similar rant.

If the ISP offers email and a web client interface, it should work and members should be comfortable coming here for help.

If you choose not to use your ISP's email, that's all well and fine, too.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

Just don't force us to have it (as they do now..) if a person wants to opt out, that's their business..

-Rob

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

said by Rob_:

Just don't force us to have it (as they do now..) if a person wants to opt out, that's their business..

-Rob

Rob you don't need to use it.

Beezel

Las Vegas, NV
reply to nmlobo

said by nmlobo:

Disagree. I use webmail extensively when I travel. Why would I want to create another email account with another provider or install another email client when webmail works fine 95% of the time.

The client is faster and reliability is better plus it can check your mail at specified intervals.

nmlobo

Yorktown, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Client software, in my experience, is no faster, it has to load its "own stuff" before it checks for mail. With webmail I have to open my browser first. A client would have its own update schedule or security fixes that I would need to install. Yes a browser has them as well but I would have to install them even if I had a client. Reliability is not an issue; 95% with webmail is fine. I can not think of one instance where the world would end if I did not send or receive an email.

nmlobo

Yorktown, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Rob_

Email is a part of the internet, it was one of the first uses. Following your line of thought: Many of us don't need higher caps. If a customer wants them, let them pay for them. Why should the "average" user subsidize the high use customers?

You don't have to use webmail - I don't have to use all of my data allowance. In both cases, it is there if we need it.

Beezel

Las Vegas, NV
reply to KahunaNui

It just depends on the client software you use (mileage varies). With mine I click the icon and then hit receive and bam.. all my message to all my inbox's are there. Faster than using a browser and logging in.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

When I signed up for service, they required me to have a cox.net email account. so It IS required.

-Rob

Just a Guy

@in-addr.arpa

Required to have 1 on your account, but not requried to use.

Ameth

join:2011-07-20
reply to KahunaNui

Not required to use it for email but I think it would be silly not to have one because a lot of features requires an administrative cox.net login.

myaccount.cox.net

you can create secondary email addresses
you can change your email/admin login password
you can check your data usage meter
you can download cox security suite
you can use cox's speed test tools
you can pay your bill
you can update your security information
you can program your dvr online
you can log into premium channels online
you can log into Cox TV Connect (Ipad app)
you can log into phone tools
you can listen to your voice mail messages
you can program call forwarding
you can log into Cox Mobil Connect (phone app)

what you chose do is really up to you but its rather a good thing to have.

Regarding email, if you clear your cookies on every browser session then you're stuck having that crazy location map every time. Login, location map, login, classic/enhanced, inbox

I do use cox.net email. Gave up spammy yahoo years ago and cant be bothered to configure hotmail or gmail, just my 2 copper

KahunaNui

Fayetteville, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Beezel

said by Beezel:

The client is faster and reliability is better plus it can check your mail at specified intervals.

Except when their servers are down like now

KahunaNui

Fayetteville, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to KahunaNui

Re: [AR] Unable to login to Web Mail - Solved

I suspect that something [code]
has changed in their site.

Now logins are much easier and not so convoluted.
Can even access Internet Tools and such which used to redirect
to another login page.

Very big improvement all of a sudden.

Thanks for all the responses!