spc
Search similar:

uniqs

thermos
@telus.net

thermos

Anon

[BC] Can't access a single site, can't change dns server

I cannot access one site after switching to telus and after hours with telus tech support they couldn't fix it. When I try to go to society6.com, I get a HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error).

The only thing I think it could possibly be is the DNS, but I don't think you are able to change that on the telus router.

Is it possible to change what dns is used to access a single site? or does anyone have suggestions on how to solve this problem?
meraki
join:2008-04-10
V3M 0C6

meraki

HTTP error 500 is a problem on their end, not yours. I just checked it and it works fine for me.

If you really want to change your DNS (which isn't bad in itself) press Windows key + R, type ncpa.cpl

Right click your LAN adapter, edit the IPv4 properties.

As a suggestion I use Google DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
WhosTheBosch
join:2009-12-02

WhosTheBosch to thermos

to thermos
This doesn't work for me either. It's an internal server error which has to be fixed on their end. Take a screenshot and e-mail it to them if you have a contact.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak to thermos

Premium Member

to thermos
Site is working here from TELUS-HSIA-VANCBC01, HTTP 500 Error has been resolved?

thermos
@telus.net

thermos to thermos

Anon

to thermos
I forgot to mention I tried using google dns by changing it through my local area connection since there is no way to change it on the router they gave us, but it hasn't fixed this problem. I've been googling around and it seems I'll have to hook up another router to the telus box in order for it to work?
meraki
join:2008-04-10
V3M 0C6

meraki to thermos

to thermos
Again, error 500 is a problem on their end not yours.

harghnnn
@telus.net

harghnnn to thermos

Anon

to thermos
I bet that it is not a dns problem.
The server probably does not like you, so its blocking you. Thats as much as I am saying.