how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

baess

join:2011-01-28

1 edit

Only Ultra

Reading all the Ultra threads, which seem to now be the majority of posts, makes me wonder how much longer before WOW does away with the DVRs and only offers Ultra? At some point I am sure it will happen.

slyphoxj

join:2002-06-23
Brook Park, OH
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·WOW Internet and..
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric

said by baess:

Reading all the other Ultra threads, which seem to now be the majority of posts, makes me wonder how longer before WOW does away with the DVRs and only offers Ultra? At some point I am sure it will happen.

I really wish I could just get rid of these 3 SA HD boxes and get UltraTV for the same $21/month that the 3 SA boxes cost. I kinda wish WOW would offer UltraTV at a lower cost with the DVR functionality disabled, but offer the option to turn on the DVR functionality for an extra cost.

I just want a more modern program guide than the SA/Cisco boxes have.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3

I think ULTRA is better, but to simplify to Ultra for all WOW customers would likely take a lot of corporate evaluation. They would have to have enough hardware available for a large established base, and be able to replace legacy equipment - writing it off. And keep everyone happy.

I'm betting its cheaper by attrition, as customers have issues with older equipment. Of course, if the issues are the cabling, it would only compound things.

If its as good as many of us think, a promotion to take all the willing existing customers who want to move, might then greatly increase the WOW factor in how great their customer base feels about them. They should trademark "WOW factor".

I see how its cheapest to have new customers get it first. It probably won't ever be a self install, so the technician investment adds more to the new subscriber base and adds a test subject/customer.

Other companies like DISH promoting THE HOPPER require a 2 year contract. That ensures their promotion pays off. WOW needs a happy customer to continue to pay if a promotion were to be cost effective - churn would be bad. They need to be sure that upgrades are received well.
--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Join Artist-247

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27
reply to slyphoxj

said by slyphoxj:

said by baess:

Reading all the other Ultra threads, which seem to now be the majority of posts, makes me wonder how longer before WOW does away with the DVRs and only offers Ultra? At some point I am sure it will happen.

I really wish I could just get rid of these 3 SA HD boxes and get UltraTV for the same $21/month that the 3 SA boxes cost. I kinda wish WOW would offer UltraTV at a lower cost with the DVR functionality disabled, but offer the option to turn on the DVR functionality for an extra cost.

I just want a more modern program guide than the SA/Cisco boxes have.

The Ultra system can't function in that mode because of the way its built.