share rss forum feed

wheelbarrow

join:2010-01-06
USA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Windstream
reply to skyfox31

Re: Installed equipment but wont turn on?

Honestly I think the whole "budget" statement you heard from them is bs.

Windstream has seen increasing revenues in pretty much every area for a number of years, with nice profits to boot. They've also been eager to take government handouts for providing rural services and upgrades.

With the way their service quality has been heading, it would be in their best interest to keep the customers they've got - i.e. actually using equipment that the government likely paid for.

skyfox31

join:2012-11-10
I have that feeling too. Any company wouldn't just spend money if they didn't intend on making a profit and on top of it there still laying fiber. What windstream needs is costumer relations and let people know whats really going on. As far as the problems I've been reading about the best way to solve it is to add more dslams and even the load wich is what I think there trying to do. Going to the town north of us there's 3 new dslams within 2 miles of each other

m12345s

join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO
Hey, have you heard anything else about your situation? I'm curious as too how long the turn up & cut over process usually takes after the fiber is laid and electronics are installed. Anyone have any idea?

skyfox31

join:2012-11-10
I did have have a rep call me today and told me that she talked to the manager and engineer. As of now there expecting a mid January startup. Aparently there's still more to do before it's ready.

thutchings6

join:2006-12-01
Whitney, TX
Reviews:
·Windstream
They laid fiber to my dslam last year..they started offering 12Mb service then. It worked well for a while but now they have over sold the main equipment coming in to our area. This is how they work.Just to show you what you can look forward to this is my 6MB/768Kb service this morning..

m12345s

Bolivar, MO
Fortunately there are not many people at all living near me and I'm close to the new DSLAM so hopefully I'll be OK. I hope they eventually get yours working right, that is horrible.

m12345s

Bolivar, MO
reply to skyfox31
Heard from my local manager last week, he said that around the first of the year, hopefully he can give some estimated dates. Not sure what the hold up is.

m12345s

Bolivar, MO
reply to skyfox31
Got some good news about my situation, the local manager told me that they began turning up the DSLAMs today and that it could be done in 2 weeks possibly. As I drove by the new DSLAMs this morning I could hear the buzzing of the fan in them when I rolled my window down. Did you hear anything more about your situation? Hope you aren't to far away from being turned up as well.