MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
reply to Sveakul

Re: [MN] Outages/slowness in northern MN

I am not showing any issues like this reported for your area. If you would like to send me an IM with your phone number or account number I would be happy to look into this for you.

Sveakul

join:2004-09-29
Virginia, MN
MC-Chad, I IM'd you my account #, thanks for asking. Like Yolo2die, I get messages like this in my modem log: "TLV-11 - unrecognized OID;CM-". About a week ago there was a confirmed outage in this node (Iron in the west to Hoyt Lakes in the east) for about 8 hours. When that problem ended the next day, all was fine for a few days, then the last 3 (now 4) days we have all seen this issue with the Internet dropping in and out although the modem stays in sync. Slow down, then total halt for a couple of minutes, back on for several more before the next incident. No problem with modem S/N, downstream or upstream levels. Please let us know what you find out. I was told this area was just upgraded for 50 Mbs at the end of October; also there is a lot of fiber digging in this area due to the NESC Middle Mile Fiber Project.

PS

join:2012-11-10
Eveleth, MN
(Side note, finally got an account, figured I'd be posting here a lot... lol)

Yeah, Sveakul wraps up the situation quite nicely, that's a very accurate description of the current activity around here. However, the issues in Hoyt Lakes, or at least for my account is intermittent lag and bad quality of stream.

Also, thank you for all your work helping people on this forum, MediacomChad. You give Mediacom as good a name as you can with your willingness to assist. I'll PM you the phone number tied to my account.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
You are welcome. I will look over this for you.