Search similar:

uniqs
simon726
join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

simon726

[TV] Fibe TV availability in Ajax, Ontario

Hey folks,

I've been thinking about this for some time now and I was wondering what are the steps needed in order for Fibe TV (along with Fibe Internet) to become available in Ajax.

I saw a bus shelter ad saying that "Fibe TV is now available in Ajax", but when I do a search for my particular area (to be honest, I live in the area bounded by Highway 2 to the north, Westney Road to the West, Harwood Avenue to the East and Highway 401 to the south. To make it simple as possible, I live in the Harwood/Hwy 2 area), I found out that Fibe TV is available at one part of my neighbourhood (i.e. Adams Drive), but not the other part where I live (i.e. Palmer Drive).

I was thinking if the entire infrastructure needs to be upgraded in order to have Fibe TV in my part of the neighbourhood. I could have provided you some pictures or some of the "infrastructures", but at this time I didn't had my opportunity. I believe that some utility boxes that Bell owns/has were green (similar to those found in Cable TV), but the others are all brown.

Sorry if I talk too technical, but I can try to give you some "general idea" on what I'm talking about.

My question is (in simple terms), what are the steps needed in order to have Bell Fibe TV to come at one part of my neighbourhood?
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

There's no steps... It's all about what Bell decide to do, not the actual user.
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225 to simon726

to simon726
When Fibe TV does become available you'll get many mailings and perhaps calls or even door-to-door agents so just respond to those.
You won't be able to tell much from the outside of the Bell cabinets but if you do see a large contingent of Bell trucks it may indicate it's available soon.
simon726
Ajax, ON

simon726

Thanks for the responses. If I were to subscribe to Fibe Internet and Fibe TV, how does using Fibe TV play a role on my Fibe Internet service? Will I notice an adjustment in speed?
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by simon726:

Thanks for the responses. If I were to subscribe to Fibe Internet and Fibe TV, how does using Fibe TV play a role on my Fibe Internet service? Will I notice an adjustment in speed?

You'll see the speed you pay for....

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

i seen fibe tv ads in pickering, which is close to ajax maybe its only a matta o' time before ajax? who knows? mi no no?
simon726
Ajax, ON

simon726

said by Pauly:

i seen fibe tv ads in pickering, which is close to ajax maybe its only a matta o' time before ajax? who knows? mi no no?

There are also ads promoting the service in Whitby as well....
Thelpguy
join:2012-11-30
Ajax, ON

Thelpguy to simon726

to simon726
In actuality, Fibe is not available on all parts of Adams Drive, I live on Adams and it is not available yet on my portion of it.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Fibe tv is available in Scattered parts all over Durham region Clarington to Oshawa to Whitby, Pickering and Ajax all have it in various parts. and tons of areas are Fibe tv ready as well , bell just has to flip the proverbial Switch. when its ready

ohsoh8bell
@rogers.com

ohsoh8bell to simon726

Anon

to simon726
I absolutely refuse to get it.

I was interested BUT you will NEVER get a straight answer from the ads or the agents. Even the phone agent REFUSED to give me the total for the monthly charge. She kept breaking it down to This and that plus fees and taxes.

Screw that. I have a Rogers analog cable account I refuse to get rid of and it drives Rogers nuts. They keep bugging me to get rid of it. NO I say because you once offered me a STB for free and now you won't. Until you do again I won't convert. Cut my channels? Go ahead, but my lack of cooperation is screwing up your bandwidth allocation on my node and I love that.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

i imagine when they stop offering analog you'll switch rofl.

whitbydude
@bell.ca

whitbydude to simon726

Anon

to simon726
yeah i have it . i live at Brock and hwy 2. i love it so far blows rogers out of the water

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to ohsoh8bell

to ohsoh8bell
said by ohsoh8bell :

Screw that. I have a Rogers analog cable account I refuse to get rid of and it drives Rogers nuts. They keep bugging me to get rid of it. NO I say because you once offered me a STB for free and now you won't. Until you do again I won't convert. Cut my channels? Go ahead, but my lack of cooperation is screwing up your bandwidth allocation on my node and I love that.

And that is exactly what they will do. They will set an analogue cutoff date and send you an offer for a free STB. It will arrive by UPS and you will install it. You will call in to authorize it and it is done. If you don't call in, it self-authorizes, I understand (it had linked before I spoke to the CSR). Once you reach the deadline, you lose cable completely as the system is cut over. You either cancel or accept the box.

whisky1pal
@rogers.com

whisky1pal

Anon

said by DKS:

said by ohsoh8bell :

And that is exactly what they will do. They will set an analogue cutoff date and send you an offer for a free STB. It will arrive by UPS and you will install it. You will call in to authorize it and it is done. If you don't call in, it self-authorizes, I understand (it had linked before I spoke to the CSR). Once you reach the deadline, you lose cable completely as the system is cut over. You either cancel or accept the box.

if he wants to be stubborn let him loose his channels, hope fully it will teach him a lesson not to mess with your cable or fibe co.