share rss forum feed

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to AVD

Re: cement experts - does this look right?

said by AVD:

I cannot think of any public service employee (that is not uniformed) that can get away with a vendetta against a citizen.

EPA, IRS, FBI, Department of Health, DHS, DoD, prosecutors office, ...

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL
reply to AVD
You're talking philosophy, cdru is talking in practice.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to AVD
said by AVD:

I cannot think of any public service employee (that is not uniformed) that can get away with a vendetta against a citizen.

Are you SURE you live in NJ??

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5
reply to AVD
said by AVD:

The inspector has to give professional courtesy to the contractors, but they have to be courteous to the public too. I cannot think of any public service employee (that is not uniformed) that can get away with a vendetta against a citizen.

While in practice I agree with you, this is the way it should be handled. Unfortunately too often it isn't handled this way. What it really boils to is do you have the money to fight "city hall"? Some do and I've seen some that have that trump card hidden up their sleeve. Trust me, you NEED that trump card if you try and take on "city hall" because otherwise they generally have the "my shit don't stink" and "I can do whatever I want" attitude that really needs to be put back in it's place.

Sc0tt
Kneedragger
Premium
join:2000-11-13
Stockholm, NJ
reply to dib22
so..........we've gone from "does this pour look ok" to fighting city hall and what a-holes inspectors are?

pour looks like shit. it needs to be redone correctly.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
said by Sc0tt:

so..........we've gone from "does this pour look ok" to fighting city hall and what a-holes inspectors are?

pour looks like shit. it needs to be redone correctly.

Still choosing not to wait for the inspector?

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

1 edit
reply to dib22
I'm still not clear who the inspector is, the house is out in an area where the county does not even have an inspector. I'll ask him when I run by there, I suspect its the future houses insurance company inspector.

Since it was only that corner and access area they will be re-inspecting it but they can start building. When I am around there I will get some pics and post em so we can see how it looks.

My understanding they are not patching it yet due to temp they keep hoping for a warm up week or some rough electrical to use a tent/heater solution.

EDIT: and that pier was a mistake in more ways than one, it isn't used by the plans, I know they had the fireplace moved so I suspect it was a remnant from that re-location.

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
If there are permits then there has to be a inspector somewhere.