share rss forum feed

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Teksavvy sucks

The second upgrade was something like 6 months ago...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2
reply to dfs4

Can we rename the subject to anonymous accounts vs Marc as the thread no longer has anything to do with the OP?

The OP has not written in over 11 days

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2

We can call it ..."the anonymous guy with Videotron account who has a personal vendetta with Marc and Tek "

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

that wouldn't work either.. there's a character limit.. it would get cut off after personal I think.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

I want to see where we told any customer "too bad for you, it's an up to service". I have never seen our staff respond like that.

Listen it wasn't those exact words. The exact words are in the picture, as we can all see and read.

Close enough that we all understand the meaning.

We can also understand this wasn't an "up to" issue.

Also goes to show what was stated above is indeed true.

Shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to MFido

Nothing personal at all.

Just that I see a trend with TSI (as Marc does with the person who started this topic).

And he stated something wasn't true, when in fact it is.

There are a few consumer issues with TSI where TSI is taking advantage of people and literally taking their money for nothing. Just pointing out the obvious.

I mean, if telling the truth bunches you panties... There is always the TSI fan forum where you can hide from it and pretend it doesn't exist.

*shrug*

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to hm

said by hm :

said by TSI Marc:

I want to see where we told any customer "too bad for you, it's an up to service". I have never seen our staff respond like that.

Listen it wasn't those exact words. The exact words are in the picture, as we can all see and read.

Close enough that we all understand the meaning.

We can also understand this wasn't an "up to" issue.

Also goes to show what was stated above is indeed true.

Sorry. I completely disagree.

The service *is* an "up to" service. It's defined that way by the incumbents and by the CRTC.

What you are implying though is that we don't care to try to help where somebody is not getting their full speed.

When a customer is not getting their full speed, we will do everything we can to try to help. After everything that's possible to do though.. is done. and still, the full speeds are not achievable.

What else can we do?

Those are two completely different things. One is a technical thing and the other is a willingness to do what is possible and this is what I['m saying to you is that we are always willing to do what we can to help but that doesn't mean we will go dig up the street and replace the wire if it's not working exactly as expected.

More to the point also is that until you signup. We also have no way of knowing how it will perform. If, after somebody signs up and finds out that it's not quite what they wanted. The solutions is simple. Cancel. You would be on the hook for the first month but under no circumstances is anybody held hostage.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Shrug

said by Shrug :

Nothing personal at all.

Just that I see a trend with TSI (as Marc does with the person who started this topic).

There are a few consumer issues with TSI where TSI is taking advantage of people and literally taking their money for nothing. Just pointing out the obvious.

I mean, if telling the truth bunches you panties... There is always the TSI fan forum where you can hide from it and pretend it doesn't exist.

*shrug*

This is just not true. You just have no limit do you. Unreal.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Shrug

For what it's worth.. if you are still having slow speeds on Videotron infrastructure (if you're still a customer). Something else would be wrong because there is currently no congestion on our end since the last upgrade was performed.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by Shrug :

Nothing personal at all.

*shrug*

It is indeed true, as was pointed out (and there is more).

You can try and play the "anon" card, do the "hey mod" thing to try & hide the truth, and whatever else you want. Doesn't change the facts.

There is no way you tell people 2-megs on a 30-meg videotron service is an "up to" thus no refund for you (as seen in the upload).

That is just stealing, and playing them as fools.

But here you are arguing it and trying to justify it.. yeah it is unreal. And to top it off it was your own poor planning that caused it. But, No refund for you. 30-meg service is an up to.

And, the CRTC tariff does not discuss poor planning that leads to these failures on *your* end like this. Like Acanac, you are now making up your own regulations.

Mind showing me the tariffs (Bell, videotron and Rogers) that states "your end is an up to" due to TSI overselling & congesting their own purchased links when delivering said service to your customers? I wouldn't mind seeing this. But I don't think it actually exists.

To turn around and argue here that the 2-meg's people get on a 30-meg service is "up to" takes a big pair. And you use that to keep someones money who wanted a refund! Amazing.

There is a trend Marc. A trend of sub-par service and saying anything to keep peoples money (as we have just seen). You may not like to hear the truth. You may like the truth in open forum. But what is most unreal is you actually typing here that 2-meg on a 30-meg service due to your own fault is proper service thus no refund. Then you have the nerve to say it isn't true? Unreal indeed.

But hey, you are the one arguing that this is ok. *shrug* I think people know better.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 edit
reply to dfs4

To the OP.

I have listened to all the calls. I have looked at the entire situation.

You raise a good point that we had not indicated to you that you would need to make arrangements to open the utility room to allow the tech to do the work after showing up. I listened to the call and we did not ask this of you.

At the same time though. You indicated that you had previously signed up with us and this is likely what led our agent to omit this question. The agent was very courteous and not at all rude with you (contrary to your initial post). I would even say he was an example of a great customer experience. He tried to see if we could reuse your existing cable modem and waited while you went to check on it. While he did not explicitly ask for you to make arrangements, you had been living there for many years, signed up with us once prior and on the call you mentioned that you had access with an incumbent at the time of the call. That's 3 installs at that same location.

My conclusion to it all is that we will now be modifying our procedures to more explicitly deal with access to prem, especially when dealing with apt buildings and also what happens if techs or customers dont show up at install time. This will likely result in more "script reading" but unfortunately. This is a great example of why these things are necessary.

I have instructed my team to give you a full refund.

I've done so because we do need to clean up the process to pick off these details and that's our own failure for not explicitly clearing this up from the start. Had we have done that. It would not matter what intentions you had and we wouldn't be here questioning motives.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Shrug

said by Shrug :

said by TSI Marc:

said by Shrug :

Nothing personal at all.

*shrug*

It is indeed true, as was pointed out (and there is more).

You can try and play the "anon" card, do the "hey mod" thing to try & hide the truth, and whatever else you want. Doesn't change the facts.

There is no way you tell people 2-megs on a 30-meg videotron service is an "up to" thus no refund for you (as seen in the upload).

That is just stealing, and playing them as fools.

But here you are arguing it and trying to justify it.. yeah it is unreal. And to top it off it was your own poor planning that caused it. But, No refund for you. 30-meg service is an up to.

And, the CRTC tariff does not discuss poor planning that leads to these failures on *your* end like this. Like Acanac, you are now making up your own regulations.

Mind showing me the tariffs (Bell, videotron and Rogers) that states "your end is an up to" due to TSI overselling & congesting their own purchased links when delivering said service to your customers? I wouldn't mind seeing this. But I don't think it actually exists.

To turn around and argue here that the 2-meg's people get on a 30-meg service is "up to" takes a big pair. And you use that to keep someones money who wanted a refund! Amazing.

There is a trend Marc. A trend of sub-par service and saying anything to keep peoples money (as we have just seen). You may not like to hear the truth. You may like the truth in open forum. But what is most unreal is you actually typing here that 2-meg on a 30-meg service due to your own fault is proper service thus no refund. Then you have the nerve to say it isn't true? Unreal indeed.

But hey, you are the one arguing that this is ok. *shrug* I think people know better.

The trend I see if that you keep posting the same thing over and over.

is anybody getting 2mbit on a 30meg service right now? please post and I will gladly look into it. Something is surely wrong.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

dfs4

join:2012-11-01
reply to TSI Marc

I did not indicate I was an existing customer. I called in to sign up for an account. I thought that was pretty evident and he would have known that. So just to be clear it wasn't a mistake on my part and it was on his. I haven't received a refund as yet if you credited my bank account.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

That was a typo on my part. You indicated that you had previously signed up. Which is likely why he didn't ask.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to dfs4

I just gave them instructions to issue the refund a few minutes ago. You will see it soon...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to dfs4

I corrected my post..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to dfs4

dfs4 - update from accounting: The credit has been done and the cheque will be sent out on Friday

hope that settles it for you. cheers.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

dfs4

reply to dfs4

I have to correct one more thing. From what I remember I was with teksavvy for a few months at least. sometime in the last few yrs. If I cancelled as you said.. there might have been an emergency of some sort which made me cancel. So from what I remember I was with teksavvy for some months. but I could be wrong but that is how I remember it. So I did not take you for a ride. So hope that is clear.

Will update with more info.

Upsidedown

@utoronto.ca
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

When a customer is not getting their full speed, we will do everything we can to try to help. After everything that's possible to do though.. is done. and still, the full speeds are not achievable.

What else can we do?

The reasonable thing to do, if someone is getting 4Mbps out of DSL10 service is to treat the service as a DSL6 service. Refund the difference between the monthly charge and the install fee and change the account to DSL 6. Its even easier for cable, since the install fee is the same, just refund the differences in monthly fee.

However, TSI appears to be unwilling to take ANY losses at all. Operating under similar conditions as the Ferengi (Star Trek anyone?)

Rule Number 1: Once you have their money, you never give it back.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to dfs4

said by dfs4:

I have to correct one more thing. From what I remember I was with teksavvy for a few months at least. sometime in the last few yrs. If I cancelled as you said.. there might have been an emergency of some sort which made me cancel. So from what I remember I was with teksavvy for some months. but I could be wrong but that is how I remember it. So I did not take you for a ride. I am a customer and you are a corporation or isp or whatever so how can I rip you off? So there is a correction. So hope that is clear.

Yeah. unfortunately.. that's not what happened. I looked it up myself. I just double checked again.

It may be that you didn't do it intentionally. Its on us to prevent these instances... but the truth is that from my perspective, I will still have to pay the incumbent for that first month and the install fee to have sent out a tech. And now this is a second time now..

This is why we say that it's a pre-paid service and the first month and install is non-refundable.. If I were an incumbent, where the majority is automated and stuff like this.. I could see where the costs to them would be small.. but for us, we pay full price to them so we have to have policies in place like this... it really costs us money. This is how we have done business for ten years now... I also think it's fair.. if you still did not want the service, you are free to cancel after the first month. It's one month at a time. It's not like you're locked into a contract or anything like that... I see it as a win-win situation.

Either way though. I'm sorry if you honestly did not mean to do this.. but I do need you to know that this has cost us money and effort... but it's ok, we will fix the way we do things and we will make sure to tell you to have access to the utility room the next time.. and maybe everything will go smoothly that time.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Upsidedown

said by Upsidedown :

said by TSI Marc:

What else can we do?

The reasonable thing to do, if someone is getting 4Mbps out of DSL10 service is to treat the service as a DSL6 service. Refund the difference between the monthly charge and the install fee and change the account to DSL 6. Its even easier for cable, since the install fee is the same, just refund the differences in monthly fee.

However, TSI appears to be unwilling to take ANY losses at all. Operating under similar conditions as the Ferengi (Star Trek anyone?)

Rule Number 1: Once you have their money, you never give it back.

hold on a second, I thought we were talking about a 2meg service out of 30 on videotron terf? what are you talking about?

look guy. you seem intent on making us look bad for some reason. what's your beef? please point to what actually happened so I can look into it.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

dfs4

reply to TSI Marc

From what I have been told by the agents if I had called two days ahead of the technician going to my apartment I would get a full refund. But if it was 1 day ahead then not. So I don't get how you incur costs when your own agent said if it was two days ahead of technician going to my apt then it is ok. Again I would like to get a refund if I qualify. If not then not.

dfs4

reply to TSI Marc

Yeah. unfortunately.. that's not what happened. I looked it up myself. I just double checked again.

It may be that you didn't do it intentionally. Its on us to prevent these instances... but the truth is that from my perspective, I will still have to pay the incumbent for that first month and the install fee to have sent out a tech. And now this is a second time now..

This is why we say that it's a pre-paid service and the first month and install is non-refundable.. If I were an incumbent, where the majority is automated and stuff like this.. I could see where the costs to them would be small.. but for us, we pay full price to them so we have to have policies in place like this... it really costs us money. This is how we have done business for ten years now... I also think it's fair.. if you still did not want the service, you are free to cancel after the first month. It's one month at a time. It's not like you're locked into a contract or anything like that... I see it as a win-win situation.

Either way though. I'm sorry if you honestly did not mean to do this.. but I do need you to know that this has cost us money and effort... but it's ok, we will fix the way we do things and we will make sure to tell you to have access to the utility room the next time.. and maybe everything will go smoothly that time.

Maybe I was with teksavvy prior to that. I remember being with teksavy for a few months. That is how I remember it. But I cancelled because some emergency came up. So I am not at fault. I have a right to cancel as a customer.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to dfs4

said by dfs4:

From what I have been told by the agents if I had called two days ahead of the technician going to my apartment I would get a full refund. But if it was 1 day ahead then not. So I don't get how you incur costs when your own agent said if it was two days ahead of technician going to my apt then it is ok. Again I would like to get a refund if I qualify. If not then not.

Right but you did not cancel 2 days before the technician went out.

anyway, look. it seems to me that this issue is closed at this point.

Your refund is already processed... nothing you say now will change that. All you have to do now is wait and you will get the money back.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to dfs4

said by dfs4:

Maybe I was with teksavvy prior to that. I remember being with teksavy for a few months. That is how I remember it. But I cancelled because some emergency came up. So I am not at fault. I have a right to cancel as a customer.

It would have to have been under a different account name if so..

Under your name.. you have literally never paid us a single penny that we have kept.

either way.. you have your refund already.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

dfs4

reply to TSI Marc

You can still change the refund if you wish. As I said if I qualify for a refund then fine, if not then not.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

...this thread is dead to me man. I've given it my all and I've felt no love in return.

it's, it's... .. . it's over!

hehe. sorry for that bit of drama.

I'm good man. move on. cheers.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Expand your moderator at work

Upsidedown

@utoronto.ca
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Teksavvy sucks

said by TSI Marc:

look guy. you seem intent on making us look bad for some reason. what's your beef? please point to what actually happened so I can look into it.

Said by "nolimit@teksavvy.com", Page 7 of this thread, 7 posts from the top.

"There is no doubt, Teksavvy is better compared to Bell or other large heads. But now it sucks too! twice I send emails to let them know i'm not getting my fucking high speed as I'm supposed to. I'm paying for 10Mbps, Teksavvy is giving me only 4Mpbs. I did several tests on speedtest and didn't get a satisfactory answer. This is a warning, next time I come over here, I just cancel and you Teksavvy will refund me everything. There is no need to upset your good customers then I'm asking you to quickly fix my situation."

I merely pointed to a reasonable solution to the given problem.

As for my beef, lets put it this way, I was a customer for 5+ years. Then things changed, and now everything is subpar. ZERO faith in the TSI whatsoever.
Expand your moderator at work