join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Upsidedown

Premium Member

to Upsidedown

Re: Teksavvy sucks

said by Upsidedown :

said by TSI Marc:

When a customer is not getting their full speed, we will do everything we can to try to help. After everything that's possible to do though.. is done. and still, the full speeds are not achievable.

What else can we do?

The reasonable thing to do, if someone is getting 4Mbps out of DSL10 service is to treat the service as a DSL6 service. Refund the difference between the monthly charge and the install fee and change the account to DSL 6. Its even easier for cable, since the install fee is the same, just refund the differences in monthly fee.

However, TSI appears to be unwilling to take ANY losses at all. Operating under similar conditions as the Ferengi (Star Trek anyone?)

Rule Number 1: Once you have their money, you never give it back.

hold on a second, I thought we were talking about a 2meg service out of 30 on videotron terf? what are you talking about?

look guy. you seem intent on making us look bad for some reason. what's your beef? please point to what actually happened so I can look into it.
dfs42
join:2012-11-01

dfs42 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
From what I have been told by the agents if I had called two days ahead of the technician going to my apartment I would get a full refund. But if it was 1 day ahead then not. So I don't get how you incur costs when your own agent said if it was two days ahead of technician going to my apt then it is ok. Again I would like to get a refund if I qualify. If not then not.
dfs42

dfs42 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Yeah. unfortunately.. that's not what happened. I looked it up myself. I just double checked again.

It may be that you didn't do it intentionally. Its on us to prevent these instances... but the truth is that from my perspective, I will still have to pay the incumbent for that first month and the install fee to have sent out a tech. And now this is a second time now..

This is why we say that it's a pre-paid service and the first month and install is non-refundable.. If I were an incumbent, where the majority is automated and stuff like this.. I could see where the costs to them would be small.. but for us, we pay full price to them so we have to have policies in place like this... it really costs us money. This is how we have done business for ten years now... I also think it's fair.. if you still did not want the service, you are free to cancel after the first month. It's one month at a time. It's not like you're locked into a contract or anything like that... I see it as a win-win situation.

Either way though. I'm sorry if you honestly did not mean to do this.. but I do need you to know that this has cost us money and effort... but it's ok, we will fix the way we do things and we will make sure to tell you to have access to the utility room the next time.. and maybe everything will go smoothly that time.

Maybe I was with teksavvy prior to that. I remember being with teksavy for a few months. That is how I remember it. But I cancelled because some emergency came up. So I am not at fault. I have a right to cancel as a customer.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to dfs42

Premium Member

to dfs42
said by dfs42:

From what I have been told by the agents if I had called two days ahead of the technician going to my apartment I would get a full refund. But if it was 1 day ahead then not. So I don't get how you incur costs when your own agent said if it was two days ahead of technician going to my apt then it is ok. Again I would like to get a refund if I qualify. If not then not.

Right but you did not cancel 2 days before the technician went out.

anyway, look. it seems to me that this issue is closed at this point.

Your refund is already processed... nothing you say now will change that. All you have to do now is wait and you will get the money back.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to dfs42

Premium Member

to dfs42
said by dfs42:

Maybe I was with teksavvy prior to that. I remember being with teksavy for a few months. That is how I remember it. But I cancelled because some emergency came up. So I am not at fault. I have a right to cancel as a customer.

It would have to have been under a different account name if so..

Under your name.. you have literally never paid us a single penny that we have kept.

either way.. you have your refund already.
dfs42
join:2012-11-01

dfs42 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
You can still change the refund if you wish. As I said if I qualify for a refund then fine, if not then not.

Will update with more info.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

...this thread is dead to me man. I've given it my all and I've felt no love in return.

it's, it's... .. . it's over!

hehe. sorry for that bit of drama.

I'm good man. move on. cheers.
Expand your moderator at work

Upsidedown
@utoronto.ca

Upsidedown to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

look guy. you seem intent on making us look bad for some reason. what's your beef? please point to what actually happened so I can look into it.

Said by "nolimit@teksavvy.com", Page 7 of this thread, 7 posts from the top.

"There is no doubt, Teksavvy is better compared to Bell or other large heads. But now it sucks too! twice I send emails to let them know i'm not getting my fucking high speed as I'm supposed to. I'm paying for 10Mbps, Teksavvy is giving me only 4Mpbs. I did several tests on speedtest and didn't get a satisfactory answer. This is a warning, next time I come over here, I just cancel and you Teksavvy will refund me everything. There is no need to upset your good customers then I'm asking you to quickly fix my situation."

I merely pointed to a reasonable solution to the given problem.

As for my beef, lets put it this way, I was a customer for 5+ years. Then things changed, and now everything is subpar. ZERO faith in the TSI whatsoever.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Upsidedown

Premium Member

to Upsidedown

said by Upsidedown :

said by TSI Marc:

Said by "nolimit@teksavvy.com", Page 7 of this thread, 7 posts from the top.

"There is no doubt, Teksavvy is better compared to Bell or other large heads. But now it sucks too! twice I send emails to let them know i'm not getting my fucking high speed as I'm supposed to. I'm paying for 10Mbps, Teksavvy is giving me only 4Mpbs. I did several tests on speedtest and didn't get a satisfactory answer. This is a warning, next time I come over here, I just cancel and you Teksavvy will refund me everything. There is no need to upset your good customers then I'm asking you to quickly fix my situation."

I merely pointed to a reasonable solution to the given problem.

As for my beef, lets put it this way, I was a customer for 5+ years. Then things changed, and now everything is subpar. ZERO faith in the TSI whatsoever.

The problem needs to be looked into.. from what he posted, there's no way to know what the problem is and certainly no way to point to a reasonable solution.

For your beef.. it sounds like you want to wallow in it some more.. when you're ready, if ever, feel free to find me. I'm more then happy to look into it. In any case, there's really nothing I can do but keep doing my thing.

Upsidedown
@utoronto.ca

Upsidedown to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc

Well Marc, I've tried to help TSI time and time again. I've always said that CS should be proactive and being reactive may be too late. Yet we see threads like these every other day. But hey, I guess you're the CEO and Im just a little guy whose inputs here aren't worthy of your thoughts.

Also, there's always a reasonable solution to every problem. What I've suggested is more than reasonable per nolimit's post. The problem is fairly clear, you're just not willing to accept it. Of course that may not be 100% of the story and the problem should definitely be looked at, but I doubt you would actually follow through and you are most likely going to lose that account. Deny the problem, blame the customer and keep their money is not the solution.

As for my beef, I doubt finding you would actually accomplish anything, considering that you keep on making promises that you cant deliver. Things will get better right?

You keep doing what you do, and I'll keep giving my friends/ colleagues/ family the correct advise, and signing up with Teksavvy isn't one of them.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Upsidedown :

Well Marc, I've tried to help TSI time and time again. I've always said that CS should be proactive and being reactive may be too late. Yet we see threads like these every other day. But hey, I guess you're the CEO and Im just a little guy whose inputs here aren't worthy of your thoughts.

Also, there's always a reasonable solution to every problem. What I've suggested is more than reasonable per nolimit's post. The problem is fairly clear, you're just not willing to accept it. Of course that may not be 100% of the story and the problem should definitely be looked at, but I doubt you would actually follow through and you are most likely going to lose that account. Deny the problem, blame the customer and keep their money is not the solution.

As for my beef, I doubt finding you would actually accomplish anything, considering that you keep on making promises that you cant deliver. Things will get better right?

You keep doing what you do, and I'll keep giving my friends/ colleagues/ family the correct advise, and signing up with Teksavvy isn't one of them.

Gees man. I'm here aren't I? This thread has even caused to reassess what we do and how we do it.

How is it possible to be proactive with some of these issues? How could we know ahead of time if a link will get its full speed or not?

It's ironic because I was just watching a movie called the minority report.. I really wish I had an Agatha to help.

I agree that there are often times reasonable answers and I'm always looking for them. Not getting full speed is not new man. This has been an issue since we started selling Internet over ten years ago. If we need to revisit some things that have changed since then.. I'm open to it. But you seem to suggest that you've left because things are now sub par, yet you highlight an issue that has been there since the beginning and our behavior has not changed throughout.. It seems to me your objectivity is clouded. You're willing to pass judgement yet in the same sentence you admit that it's possible you don't have a full view of the problem and that it really should be investigated. This is what it's like to play ball.. You have to be willing to get a bit dirty. I'm not out here pretending to be perfect but I am trying to make a difference.

Here's an idea for you, why don't you try to help? Because I don't see how any of what you've written in this thread is helping anything. I've offered to listen more than once. You have my ear and all you can do is bite at it.

Anyway.. I'm not upset or anything of the sort. I just can't do it alone dude. If you're not planning on helping at least don't slow down those who are.

anonymousss
@start.ca

anonymousss

Anon

said by TSI Marc:

said by Upsidedown :

Gees man. I'm here aren't I? This thread has even caused to reassess what we do and how we do it.

How is it possible to be proactive with some of these issues? How could we know ahead of time if a link will get its full speed or not?

It's ironic because I was just watching a movie called the minority report.. I really wish I had an Agatha to help.

I agree that there are often times reasonable answers and I'm always looking for them. Not getting full speed is not new man. This has been an issue since we started selling Internet over ten years ago. If we need to revisit some things that have changed since then.. I'm open to it. But you seem to suggest that you've left because things are now sub par, yet you highlight an issue that has been there since the beginning and our behavior has not changed throughout.. It seems to me your objectivity is clouded. You're willing to pass judgement yet in the same sentence you admit that it's possible you don't have a full view of the problem and that it really should be investigated. This is what it's like to play ball.. You have to be willing to get a bit dirty. I'm not out here pretending to be perfect but I am trying to make a difference.

Here's an idea for you, why don't you try to help? Because I don't see how any of what you've written in this thread is helping anything. I've offered to listen more than once. You have my ear and all you can do is bite at it.

Anyway.. I'm not upset or anything of the sort. I just can't do it alone dude. If you're not planning on helping at least don't slow down those who are.

Upsidedown man, you sound like my dad haha... His usual idea of "helping" is using extremely harsh criticisms to try & get me to admit that I was wrong and demand that I fix my probs pronto or Im gonna get an ass whupping (and im 23!! haha).

To TSI Marc, I think Upsidedown is one of those drill sarge guys, he'll scream at you until you improve or something. If you look at his posts, some do have suggestions, but its buried deep within a back handed slap. But to Upsidedown, you're wasting your time and effort, busting Tek's ballz aint gonna solve anything. It may seem that Tek is reluctant to change, but their CEO is here doing PR work man! Cut them some slack.