Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to dfs4

Re: Teksavvy sucks

said by dfs4:

Yeah they suck and the whole thing has been unsatisfactory. I am changing the topic back to teksavvy sucks and I have requested a refund.. not sure if I will see the activation fee or first month fee back.

What happened?

Also, you should never be coerced into changing your topic title just so someone can maintain an imaginary image on this forum (seen put this type of pressure on people before). Settled or not settled. There are reasons you made it, and what you stated is reason enough. This way others can be made aware. I would do the same if someone company said (more or less), "thanks for the money and you're not getting it back".

Keep us informed.

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
reply to dfs4

Re: Teksavvy

dfs4 I'm not sure what we have done wrong here? We tried to reach out and help you and you simply want to cancel. I do apologize for for you having to wait a few days to re-schedule the activation but why would that be a reason to cancel?
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

said by TSI Pierre:

dfs4 I'm not sure what we have done wrong here? We tried to reach out and help you and you simply want to cancel. I do apologize for for you having to wait a few days to re-schedule the activation but why would that be a reason to cancel?

If I may be so bold... "Time is money"... This gent probably just wants his internet, he doesn't want all the b.s. that's all too mandatory with the incumbents.

*I don't side with either party*

Z
--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"
»www.speedtest.net/result/2102768148.png

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

probably got a crazy offer to go back.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to hm

said by hm :

Also, you should never be coerced into changing your topic title just so someone can maintain an imaginary image on this forum (seen put this type of pressure on people before).

Pressure, give me an effing break. Marc asked, quite simply, for the OP to change the topic. The OP could ignore Marc's request.

I've had my fair share of TSI activation problems (DSL & cable) where I subsequently freaked out on Marc and the crew. Usually things were ironed out by myself (self-help kissing up to duopoly installers) or the likes of Martin.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

zacron
Premium
canada
reply to TSI Marc

I'd come back if bell didn't offer me such an awesome deal
Free internet (as in on paper free) 25/7 (dry-loop)
Another wet-loop with 25/7 for Fibetv
Bonded together with MLPPP (50/20)

Hellz Ya!

Z
--
"Recognize, Realize, Recover and Repent"

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Its amazing how much love Bell will show someone when they're leaving them.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

funny

join:2010-12-22

said by HeadSpinning:

said by TSI Marc:

really
they breached 4 contracts on me one nearly costing my life and you call that love....boy what do they do when angry , send a horde a walking dead armed with pulse phaser arrays ?

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

1 recommendation

said by funny:

said by HeadSpinning:

said by TSI Marc:

really
they breached 4 contracts on me one nearly costing my life and you call that love....boy what do they do when angry , send a horde a walking dead armed with pulse phaser arrays ?

That's only because they know you. Everyone else is different.
--

graniterock

join:2003-03-14
London, ON
reply to dfs4

I'm curious too for the reason behind the second (and sudden) change of heart.

Perhaps we can change the title to the Teksavvy / Teksavvy Sux Topic Change Polka? I humbly suggest we bring in Georges Laraque to set things straight.

AsherN
Premium
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON
reply to dfs4

said by dfs4:

I ordered internet the week before last on thrusday/friday. And today was the date the technician was supposed to go to my apartment and install it.. he says the office is closed and would have to reschedule it. I checked with teksavvy and they said the agent forgot to mention that I had to arrange with the super or landlord to have the office open so the technician could have access. Because of this mistake now I have to wait several days. Not to mention they pawn off an expensive modem on you on signing up and have a steep activation fee and their customer service is rude and when I asked for a refund the agent rudely said they can't refund the modem cost. So far they have been sucky and I am already thinking of switching.

How is it either Teksavvy's or the Rogers' tech's fault that you did not know the rules of your building?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to funny

said by funny:

they breached 4 contracts on me one nearly costing my life

If you put yourself in a position where your life depended on the fulfillment of a contract by Bell Canada, I have no sympathy for you at all. Shocked you're still alive.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by dillyhammer:

said by funny:

If you put yourself in a position where your life depended on the fulfillment of a contract by Bell Canada, I have no sympathy for you at all. Shocked you're still alive.

Mike

Don't fall for the Chrono-conspiracy...
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

zacron
Premium
canada

said by El Quintron:

said by dillyhammer:

said by funny:

Mike

Don't fall for the Chrono-conspiracy...

OK, I think Teksavvy has done all they can do... The OP is just in a rush and is expecting everyone to bow down to his needs.

That being said, he's not going to find faster service with a TPIA or Wholesale DSL provider in Canada.

Might I suggest that you cease and desist using the internet immediately, remove all traces of communications, cellphones, phones, cat5e, cat6, routers, hubs, modems, switches, hydro and even your meter for hydro then ship them to the Government, C/O Prime Minister Harper
24 Sussex Dr
Ottawa, ON K1A 1P1

Honestly, the OP needs to learn patience. It is understood that you're frustrated. Teksavvy would love to just push a big blue button and your wait be over, with perfect service for life.

I had to have over 500+ tickets over a few years to get bell to finally resolve the line issues when I was in Dundas, ON. Teksavvy issued the tickets, we prayed and eventually I got my service, that i pay for.

I really dislike that I am passing the buck and not taking responsibility for the actions of the ISP's however, I do know that Marc does have integrity, yes I'm flipping my position, yes, I've said my lack of support before but I really have taken the time to fully investigate.

Marc on the average is a good guy, he does the best he can with what he's given. Please give him the benefit of the doubt.

Rocky did open the book but for legal reasons it has since closed, we just have to accept this fact and at the end of the day....

NOTHING compares to Teksavvy!

My $0.02

Zacron
--

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON

+1

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to HeadSpinning

said by HeadSpinning:

said by TSI Marc:

I had the exact opposite experience this past weekend cancelling DSL for my in-laws. They are on the 5/1 plan with 20GB of usage and are getting slammed with overages. The best offer that the rentention agent would give us was 25GB of monthly usage, a mere 5GB bump. I almost snapped back saying you can look at their monthly usage fright in front of you and see that it wouldn't be close to enough when they use on average 40GB/month.

I had hoped, hoped that they might make my decision hard but they made it very easy!

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by creed3020:

I had hoped, hoped that they might make my decision hard but they made it very easy!

Just wait... a week or two after the cancellation request there will be a call back with a better offer.

despe666

join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC

Yes, and if that doesn't work, expect Christmas cards saying how it's not the same without you, and all kinds of other crap. I wish they'd put half the effort in keeping existing clients happy as they put in winning them back.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

said by despe666:

Yes, and if that doesn't work, expect Christmas cards saying how it's not the same without you, and all kinds of other crap. I wish they'd put half the effort in keeping existing clients happy as they put in winning them back.

I was never a direct Bell client in the first place and I'm still getting those cards from them with my name on it. :\

derekm

join:2008-02-26
kudos:1

Did you ever get a VDSL modem shipped to you (for GAS access)?

Seems that landed me on the list.

I've never (nor will I) had *any* service with Bell, phone, tv, mobile, etc., yet somehow they have my name, and I'm a valuable client (only after I shipped the VDSL modem with the wrong firmware back).

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

Nope, I've always been with the 5mbps service. My only contact with Bell was for a dry-loop... which I am guessing is how they got it as they gave an official Bell receipt and all that for the work.

dfs4

join:2012-11-01

4 edits
reply to dfs4

will update with further info.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON
reply to derekm

said by derekm:

Did you ever get a VDSL modem shipped to you (for GAS access)?

Seems that landed me on the list.

I've never (nor will I) had *any* service with Bell, phone, tv, mobile, etc., yet somehow they have my name, and I'm a valuable client (only after I shipped the VDSL modem with the wrong firmware back).

Despite the fact that it is against the rules, it appears that Bell might be using information gathered from wholesale customers for their marketing efforts.

We have salted some of our orders for staff with variations in spelling of names and the errors seem to propagate to Bell's marketing materials. We're going to do more research, but it appears there might be information leakage.
--

hm

@videotron.ca

said by HeadSpinning:

We have salted some of our orders

Very interesting. Seems it's already going on. But do keep us updated on this. I hope the other iisps are doing the same. I would submit this as a privacy breach to privcom. This is what is termed a privacy breach. Let me know, somehow, if you gather evidence of this. I have someone who has an ear over at privcom. It would also go against the spirit of the telecom act itself, as you know.

dfs4

join:2012-11-01

4 edits
reply to dfs4

Their service sucks. So that is why. will post updates.

TSI Pierre
Premium
Chatham, ON

dfs4 I'm not quite sure why you keep on posting this. We tried to get you service, we are giving you a refund (even though you refused to troubleshoot or let us help you)

They fact that we told you we would not give you a refund on the modem is a reason for you to say our service sucks?

I don't think you are being very fair here.
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

despe666

join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC

Maybe now you understand how Acanac feels. I've seen knee jerk "Acanac sucks" threads pop up for way less and nobody comes to their defense like people did for you, no matter how their staff handles the issue.

zacron
Premium
canada
reply to TSI Pierre

said by TSI Pierre:

dfs4 I'm not quite sure why you keep on posting this. We tried to get you service, we are giving you a refund (even though you refused to troubleshoot or let us help you)

They fact that we told you we would not give you a refund on the modem is a reason for you to say our service sucks?

IMHO, you need to pick your battles. I would personally stop wasting the time on this public forum and instead. send a warm letter via email and continue it there.

This thread is extinguished.

Z
--

Shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to despe666

said by despe666:

I've seen knee jerk "Acanac sucks" threads pop up for way less and nobody comes to their defense

I haven't seen "lesser" situations w/ Acanac. This is pretty much the lesser of any situation we've seen.

However, I am all for this guy since teksavvy didn't want to refund his money (and hide it in the hidden forum).

said by TSI Pierre:

I think it's fair.

Why is his hundred bucks (or whatever) better off in your pocket?

And I do believe he should have been made aware that the tech would need access to the wire room in the apartment. Not everyone knows this. You guys are supposed to be the experts and give the proper information to coordinate all this. What happened?

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to TSI Pierre

said by TSI Pierre:

even though you refused to troubleshoot or let us help you

One more thing I find odd...

If you don't tell people a tech would need access to the wire room how can you trouble-shoot that? Shouldn't you be trouble-shooting that yourself in your own company so it doesn't happen again or more often? In fact, aren't you trying to pawn off TSI's own failings unto this person? It appears you are by what you stated. If it's not Bell or Rogers fault it's the customers fault. But sad to say, this is your own fault for a lack of assurance checks. So you waste this guys time who likely stayed home for nothing and a techs time who went there for nothing.

Yet you have the audacity to state, he "refused to troubleshoot".

He has nothing to trouble shoot except for his refund from teksavvy who didn't want to give him back his very own money for your failings! This is what you should be helping him with, then you can go back and fix whats broken in tsi so prevent re-occurrence. This is called quality assurance.

*head-slap*