uniqs

Upsidedown
@utoronto.ca

Upsidedown to TSI Pierre

Anon

to TSI Pierre

Re: Teksavvy sucks

said by TSI Pierre:

dfs4 I'm not quite sure why you keep on posting this. We tried to get you service, we are giving you a refund (even though you refused to troubleshoot or let us help you)

They fact that we told you we would not give you a refund on the modem is a reason for you to say our service sucks?

I don't think you are being very fair here.

Honestly, its TSI thats not being fair. Its TSI that has to inform the customer what the tech needs for a successful installation. So why is it that TSI can read the TOS for 10 minutes for a new signup and nobody mentions that?

Also, when you failed to mention that requirement, its a cascading failure. Here's how it goes.
1. TSI failed to mention the need for access to equipment room.
2. Customer cant get hooked up, time wasted and money paid.
3. TSI makes an excuse and tries to reschedule, wasting more time.
4. Customer not happy wants money back.
5. TSI refuses refund.
6. Customer angry, paid money and bought equipment and got no service, vents on DSLR
7. TSI mitigating damage (too little too late really...)

So its that simple, also, your definition of troubleshoot is somewhat interesting. There is nothing to troubleshoot, it was never hooked up because nobody told the guy what the tech needs. Problem is right there, why do you need to troubleshoot? Its a failure in customer service, period.

So instead of spending money on ridiculous looking ads everywhere, how about investing some more in customer service? When someone vents here, its already too late , damage control can only get you so far.

P.S. Some of your ads extremely offensive, especially the one with the asian monk/kungfu poster. Way to play on racial stereotypes.
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop to dfs42

to dfs42
The "rage" in this thread is pretty funny considering here is the OP's own post after the original topic:
said by dfs42:

He wasn't rude as much as unhelpful as I wanted the technician to not call me before going to apartment as there is no phone there. So it was unhelpful and not rude, I wrote rude in haste and not being happy with the services. But I understand now since that is what rogers technicians do but still if I say go ahead without the obligatory call they should just leave a note to technician so that was my point. But everything is good now I suppose. Thanks

Then just a few "they suck" without any real explanation considering the CEO and reps of the company have written in this thread and the money has supposedly been refunded.

Did you get your money back? Did you stay with your original provider because they gave a great retention deal? Will Ross ever get back together with Rachel?

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

I think this this thread is finished... There is literally nothing left to debate.

Cry my a river, build a bridge and... well you know the rest.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Dunlop

Premium Member

to Dunlop
Yeah.. We obviously tell ppl what they need to do... I didn't get the full blow by blow on this one but this isn't one of those cases where we completely dropped the ball.. It's got to be something like he was offered something crazy and wanted to cancel mid way through the install, leaving us with a bunch of direct costs.. Just speculating though. I'm sure he's having a good laugh seeing these nice comments by anon ppl on here. *shrug* ppl are smart and can tell the difference I think. Lets let it play out. If we're wrong.. I'm happy to look into it further if it turns out to be a learning experience...
Expand your moderator at work

pick a name
@videotron.ca

pick a name to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Lets let it play out.

Well that is a good way of looking at it. This way all people learn from it.

Maybe what he stated never happened? But no one seems to have denied it so far after 5 days, and someone who looked into the recorded calls etc.

Each failure (if it is one) will only serve to strengthen you in the long run.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Yup..

I think we did look into it though... But then he changed the headline and install was lined up.. So we didn't keep at it, everything was and AFAIK, still is fine.. I'll double back to see if he was told though.. We do tell customers when they sign up.. But it's possible a mistake was made..

zacron
Premium Member
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

Yup..

I think we did look into it though... But then he changed the headline and install was lined up.. So we didn't keep at it, everything was and AFAIK, still is fine.. I'll double back to see if he was told though.. We do tell customers when they sign up.. But it's possible a mistake was made..

FWIW, when I had my VDSL installed in Hamilton, I wasn't made aware that you'd need access to the Telecom Closet (even tho I did know this).

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

how long ago was that?

zacron
Premium Member
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

6-8 months ago
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

FWIW, I was told a Rogers technician would show up at my house when I first signed up for Teksavvy. Rogers technician never showed up. Didn't get a call. Nothing. Had no Internet for at least 3 days if not more with no Internet access. I was so lucky to be able to tether off my 6GB data plan. If I didn't have it, GG NO RE.

Ya I may be adding fuel to the flame, but that's my experience. As they always say, people tend to remember the negatives and not the positives of someone.
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN

Premium Member

Did you call when the tech was a no-show after the window? Rogers is crap at letting TSI know about dropped appointments.

Tell Us
@videotron.ca

Tell Us to dfs42

Anon

to dfs42
dfs4, any news yet? Full refund of everything? Or do they still want to trouble-shoot their phone techs information they provide that somehow involves you in a magical way?

Kaloni
Premium Member
join:2006-02-21
canada

Kaloni to dfs42

Premium Member

to dfs42
Honestly, crap happens. In any call centre, not every agent is going to follow the procedures to the letter and get it spot on every time. That doesn't excuse TekSavvy from taking ownership of the situation and attempting to come to a resolution that both the customer and the company can agree upon, but it's quite understandable how something like this could occur.

I've been on both ends of the situation myself, both as a former representative for an ISP and a wireless carrier, and as a customer of TekSavvy, Telus, and formerly a customer of Rogers, Bell, and other providers. At the end of the day, sometimes the customer has to have a little more patience than the company allows them to in hopes that a resolution can be reached without setting any bridges ablaze.

On another note, Rogers does very little to make the installation experience for any TPIA service enjoyable. I remember when I originally had the service installed, and the technician arrived, slapped a cable tv filter on the line (Mind you, we were paying for digital service with 3 digital boxes, 2 of them rentals), checked the signal, and left on his merry way before the digital boxes failed from lack of digital control signal. If it hadn't been for my willingness to hop into the CSE and remove the filter, it would have ended with a truck-roll and extra headaches just from a Rogers' technician's "error".

Just my two cents. Take them or leave them.

Upsidedown
@utoronto.ca

Upsidedown

Anon

Yeah but the problem is that TSI doesn't seem to check if the installation went well (nor does it appear that they care, no angry call = no problem right? heh...). Rogers' not informing TSI that an install wasn't completed can be EASILY remedied by a followup call post installation hours.

Think about these scenarios and ill let you be the judge.

Scenario 1.
Installation failed, customer has no internet nor any ideas what happened. TSI calls after installation hours, "Good day sir/madam, Im just calling to see if the installation went well". "Oh it didn't? My apologies, we'll reschedule right away, and your account will be adjusted accordingly."

vs.

Scenario 2.
Installation failed, customer has no internet nor any ideas why tech was no show. TSI DOESN'T follow up. Customer agitated, no internet, but money paid. Expects a call, but nothing, calls in instead, on hold for 45+ minutes. Increasingly agitated, customer complains/ ask for money back. TSI refuses (default policy?) and customer vents and tells all his/her friends about how TSI treated him/her.

Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out does it?

When someone paid money for service, and bought equipment sold at an outrageous price ($75 for a ST516? Come on...), its your job and responsibility as an ISP to follow up. Trying to bury the issue isn't gonna help you. Nor does it help to have forum members like Zarcon trying to "help" TSI by saying things like "This thread is extinguished."

Being proactive is always better than being reactive, it may cost you a little more, but you're spending that on your reputation (good rep = more customers, where does TSI think their "success" came from??). The two most essential things needed for businesses are capital and reputation. If you cant survive on pure capital like an incumbent, then you'd better have a good reputation that's up there with Jesus.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Sure, but that's not this case. We were all over this.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to HeadSpinning

Premium Member

to HeadSpinning

Re: Teksavvy

"We have salted some of our orders for staff with variations in spelling of names and the errors seem to propagate to Bell's marketing materials. We're going to do more research, but it appears there might be information leakage."

Do this under supervision of a lawyer - an officer of the court. Or swear affidavits if you do it. Either way, present the evidence to the CRTC.......or just sue Bell for $100MM damages, and press fraud charges too.
Networx
join:2012-06-27
Canada

Networx to Upsidedown

to Upsidedown

Re: Teksavvy's Business Practice

Bingo !

zacron
Premium Member
Frozen Hoth

zacron to Upsidedown

Premium Member

to Upsidedown

Sir, while I don't discount your side. I feel that having a meaningless argument with Marc is wasting all of our time.

I agree pro-activity is needed desperately

HOWEVER, the call center is already beyond capacity. maybe once they get their new agents on; we can figure out how to best implement the idea.

For now. Let the issue be. It happened, Teksavvy did work on it and the customer refused. (without seeing the calls, Idk if they did or not but I do trust Marc).
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned) to Tell Us

to Tell Us

said by Tell Us :

dfs4, any news yet? Full refund of everything? Or do they still want to trouble-shoot their phone techs information they provide that somehow involves you in a magical way?

If TSI was smart they would simply give a FULL refund (including the cost of the modem) and be through with this.

I don't blame the customer one bit, TSI screwed up, and isn't making the customer whole even though the issues were of TSI's OWN making.

Pony up the cash marc.

BTW Marc, it doesn't look good when you ask customers to change the title of a complaint thread.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to dfs42

Premium Member

to dfs42
on this you got to give tek a bit of a break. I worked for an ISP once the ticket system bloody sucks. You just submit it and you hardly get any updates till the tech is picked and the time. Hell you can hardly even pick a time for the person it's a two hour window if I remember right. You can call them direct in Quebec I think they were at and talk to someone and have the ticket moved up if you need too.

Hell even with rogers and bell as your ISP's a tech may not show up that has happened to me before. When it comes to the god awful ticket system if you post on here you should know that is a price to pay for having a 3rd party ISP.
CanadianISP
Premium Member
join:2008-04-09
Pembroke, ON

CanadianISP to 15444104

Premium Member

to 15444104
said by 15444104:

BTW Marc, it doesn't look good when you ask customers to change the title of a complaint thread.

I disagree with this: I see similar things quite often on CanadianISP.ca: A customer will post a negative review about an ISP because, as has been stated in this thread, something went wrong and they rage vented on the site - ISP gets in touch with them, fixes it all up and makes good - Customer emails me asking if I can change/remove their review, because it turns out that ISP X doesn't suck, after all, but a simple mistake had been made.

Asking a customer to change a negative into a positive isn't a bad thing: It's good customer service; After all, they'll only do it if their feeling really has changed from "sucked" to "does not suck".

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc

Premium Member

I looked further into this.

This person signed up with us back in 2/26/2009 and canceled on 3/2/2009.

Same address.

Demanded a refund back then also. We refunded him everything. And we ate the costs to the incumbent.

Today, same story. Signs up. Wants to cancel.. Demands a refund.. We're on the hook for fees to incumbent...

Given its the same location, he clearly has to know that somebody will need access to the utility room.

I've put a stop to a refund this time around. I think this is a clear case where we're being used.

We will refund the modem but customer will have to pay restocking fee.
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

1 recommendation

scorpido

Premium Member

"Today, same story. Signs up. Wants to cancel.. Demands a refund.. We're on the hook for fees to incumbent..." Guess what ***BIG NEWS FLASH COMING*** Cost of doing business TSI. If you can't handle the costs associated to having a contract-less service provided via a third parties infrastructure then maybe you should really be looking at deploying your own infrastructure. Out of how many customers that are done right there are a few that are not, and you will need to eat the costs on that. I'm tired of indie ISP's blaming the incumbents and refusing refunds because they already paid Bell or Rogers. Tough luck suck it up. If you don't then you get bad publicity on the forums and bad word of mouth goes very far. If there is such an issue with Bell and Rogers and the crappy way they do things and the crappy portals and the complete joke of order placing and follow up where it ends up costing TSI money then shut-up TSI and do something about it. That's whats the CRTC, Industry Canada and the Cops are here for. Make note of all the issues and present your case. Take some ownership for a change. Yeah you offered a refund...yippdi do, only after the OP had to make a public thing out of it. Plus you had to dig back to 2009 to find a way out...wow things must be tight at TSI to need to stoop that low. I don't know, TSI used to be customer focused, now seems only the padded lining in the wallet means anything. My 2 cents worth from seeing this company go down the tubes.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Its a pre-paid service, one month at a time.

We've had that policy in place since 2002.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I looked further into this.

This person signed up with us back in 2/26/2009 and canceled on 3/2/2009.

Same address.

Demanded a refund back then also. We refunded him everything. And we ate the costs to the incumbent.

Today, same story. Signs up. Wants to cancel.. Demands a refund.. We're on the hook for fees to incumbent...

Given its the same location, he clearly has to know that somebody will need access to the utility room.

I've put a stop to a refund this time around. I think this is a clear case where we're being used.

We will refund the modem but customer will have to pay restocking fee.

Yeah, we had one this weekend - ordered a loop to the customer's prem. Our installer showed up on Saturday to put in the service - no dialtone at the demarc. Opened a ticket with Bell. Moved heaven and earth to get the tech there THAT afternoon. Customer tells the Bell tech - sorry - decided not to switch - go away.

Tech writes off the ticket as customer cancelled - DMC.

We now get billed the $75.00 or so activation fee we paid Bell (LCLXXU circuit) PLUS, because the customer decided to cancel the repair while the tech was there, an $87.70 DMC charge.

Like, seriously? WTF?
lawrence171
join:2001-12-24
Canada

lawrence171 to scorpido

to scorpido
@scorpido

A business tries to make a profit, and arguments like yours is both self-fish and detrimental to customere and businesses.

It is like insurance and people abusing it - hey, claims are part of cost of business, eat it up. Well, guess what happens?

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to scorpido

to scorpido
said by scorpido:

If you can't handle the costs associated to having a contract-less service provided via a third parties infrastructure then maybe you should really be looking at deploying your own infrastructure.

You think you are smart, eh?

Teksavvy should NOT give credits for all people changing their minds each other day ...

If you are tired by the IISP ... go with Rogers and Bell and enjoy their oligopoly ...