spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jeff E

join:2010-07-01

Upgrade to Pro (problems)

I upgraded to DSL Pro yesterday and after a ton of synch losses the connection finally stabilized. Since then I have loss synch three times within a day and a half. Now I am noticing the S/N ratio has gone to hell. It used to be 10.0 to 12.0 or better with Express and went down to about 9 to 10 and now all of a sudden (within the past hour or so) it is less than 3.0 and at times down to 0.00. Line attenuation with Express was around 50 to 53 and is now 55. Is this part of the ramp-up or does this indicate some other problem?

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV
kudos:7
Higher sync speeds will automatically lower the S/N ratio. That is a fact of the way DSL operates.

Jeff E

I understand and expected that. But now all of a sudden I am down to less than 3 and down to 0 in the past hour or so. It is fluctuating between 6 and 0. Is this part of the ramp-up process or does it mean my line does not support Pro, or what?

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
Reno, NV
reply to Jeff E
From what you have said, it sounds like the line isn't handling Pro sync speeds properly.

Post all line stats (S/N ratio, attenuation, etc) if you can find them in your modem. You might have some interferer at your place that only affects the higher frequencies that Pro uses but aren't needed for Express. Also the problem may be related to a lighting device and will only occur after dark.
--
TCE Weather -- Mt. Rose Cam

Jeff E

I've been monitoring the connection since this morning. S/N ratio bounces between 0 to around 12. Attenuation is a steady 54-55. Lost sync again a few minutes ago. Came back up at 11.40 S/N ratio and 55 attenuation. Elite worked fine for years but ever since going to Pro the S/N is unstable. I will continue to monitor and unless someone has any other suggestions I guess I'll have to call AT&T tomorrow.

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
Reno, NV
reply to Jeff E
Suggestion: Post a trouble thread in AT&T Direct: »AT&T Direct instead of calling.