share rss forum feed

Retired
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Earth

1 edit

[Beginner] MacBook Pro

Mountain Lion OS -

Can someone please tell me how to remove programs from this machine ?

I'd like to un-install Firefox.

Thanks !

rjackal
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Plymouth, MI

Highlight the app in the Applications folder, and press Command-Delete. Or drag the app to the Trashcan in the dock. Either of those will uninstall the app.

kitsune

join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA
reply to Retired

That method will not work with all applications. You will first want to check to see if the application included an uninstaller. If it did be sure to use that instead as it probably created files in other locations. Usually if it has uninstaller it will either be in the disk image when first downloaded the software or it will have created a folder in your applications folder and the application and the uninstaller will both be in that folder. (MSOffice is one of these).

FYI Firefox doesn't have an uninstaller so you can just trash it.

Retired
Premium
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

I know nothing about MacBook.....this device was just given to us from a neighbor who never uses it.

Where is the Application Folder located ? I was looking for something similar to a Windows Control panel.

I know that Apple is different. I just can't find it from the blank desktop.
--
I work hard. I play hard. I stay hard.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

Press the Mac face icon in the dock, then select Applications from the left side of the window. Or from the Go menu, select Applications. Then drag Firefox to the trash.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

Retired
Premium
Earth

1 edit
reply to kitsune

EDIT - duplicate post.

Retired
Premium
Earth
reply to Thinkdiff

Got it...thanks, Thinkdiff..:+)

Retired
Premium
Earth

1 edit

:+)

Da Geek Kid

join:2003-10-11
::1
kudos:1
reply to Retired

I'd Highly recommend AppZapper...

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1

said by Da Geek Kid:

I'd Highly recommend AppZapper...

I also highly reccomend appzap - $4.99 in the Mac App store..

Another useful trick to find your apps (other than spotlite search) is to pin your app folder to the dock (task bar). Simply open the finder app as described by someone else (above) and highlight the 'Applications' on the left side of the finder display.

Then tap your trackpad with 2 fingers - you will see an option to 'Add to Dock'. Select this and you will have an icon on the dock that lists all of your applications
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile