LadyL
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to plencnerb

Re: [IE] Tried to update to IE8

Thanks for the info. The error msg was listed in my start of this thread...black screen,etc.
The only things to backup are Documents,Pictures(the 'cat' that is on my desktop) and Favorites.
Did the Fixit thing...all it stated was that some Update components were in the wrong place...or words to that effect...which doesn't make any sense at all...anyway, whatever was in the wrong place is supposedly fixed. I don't know if it was fixed or not.
--
Lonnie

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

So it does appear that the Fixit thing did something. Have you tried to re-install IE8/IE9, and if so, did it work?

Sounds like you don't have a lot of items to backup. As far as the "cat" on your desktop, that is probably a picture in your pictures folder.

--Brian

LadyL
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Click for full size
No, haven't tried to install IE8 or IE9...too 'chicken' to try atm...might do it when pogo really changes their ClubPogo homepage...until then, I'll just stick with IE7.
Actually pogo is the only website that I use that is telling me to upgrade to IE8.
The 'cat' is the only thing that I have in Pictures...don't do 'real' pictures, music or anything else that most people 'save'...I've had my 'tomcat' as my desktop picture since 2001.
--
Lonnie