spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov

[Exede] Server not found

WB-1: 163

It seems "Server not found" is showing up more/more these days.

Some engineer twitching Riverside/Phoenix in past week or so?

I wonder if Tucson Gateway (Exede 12) is getting more bytes these days at Phoxnix than us Exede fivers at Riverside...???

eagleielgae
join:2012-10-11

eagleielgae

I'm getting them a lot here on beam 326 or 327 Exede 12. I'm close to the line on those beams and don't know which one I'm on. My pings show Dallas. Maybe that's the gateway. It's getting so bad I almost threw the modem against the wall and I've swapped several routers to no avail. I guess I better not throw it as it is leased.
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

said by eagleielgae:

pings show Dallas.

Dallas has an AcceleNet Server located there, but no Gateway

One is on: Beam 326: Gateway Sanderson, TX if your 5th or 6th hop shows city name of Dallas.

See: »spectrum.ieee.org/teleco ··· roadband

wm4bama
join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama to DrStrangLov

to DrStrangLov
Everyone is getting the "Server not found" right now...it's a system-wide problem with the DNS servers going temporarily "Deaf"...☺☺

This involves server-side software experiments with keeping all routers synced with the DHCP of the modem, and will be corrected soon.

In the meantime the best way to resolve this issue is to do "Nothing"...it is self-correcting" after 2 or 3 minutes...play a game of Solitaire or get a cup of coffee then just right-click the page and select "Reload"...the page will then load OK..

Don't bother recycling your modem or router...just a few minutes wait and it self-heals..

Frustrating, yes, but hopefully when all updates to their server-side software has stabilized the "Server not found" issue and the DHCP-->Router problems will be solved.
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

said by wm4bama:

Everyone is getting the "Server not found" right now...will be corrected soon.

They know how to fix it NOW...not soon.

All Exede network engineers should be required to have Exede with no cable/fios/etc in their homes, and with their AcceleNet Server getting the upgrade first....doing software/firmware upgrades to all six AcceleNet Servers shows poor judgment.
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

Click for full size
Here is what a Server not found looks like on Waterfox
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

4:52 AM CST

Crapped out again with typical web page and Online Banking.

For Online Banking, I had to use Opera in Turbo mode; I wonder how many others know about Opera.

Shooting craps with Online Banking sucks.
Philly88
join:2011-12-29
Bark River, MI

Philly88

I guess im glad Im not the only one with this problem. I sure hope they fix this problem soon. I switched from hughes a few weeks ago and dont want to start regretting it. ( dont think that will happen). A weird thing is if sites wont load I can still launch and play world of warcraft online.
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

said by Philly88:

A weird thing is if sites wont load I can still launch and play world of warcraft online.

All one needs to due for most URLs visted is to save all URLs in their numerical format, like:

1. www.DNSgoodies.com

to

2. 208.82.183.220

Or get Opera and engage Turbo mode (proxy mode)

Here's a backup for Google: 173.194.33.7
Philly88
Bark River, MI

Philly88

Thanks im going to give opera a try I havent used it in years but I always liked it.

eagleielgae

eagleielgae to DrStrangLov

to DrStrangLov
Dare I say it? There seems to have been a sudden improvement this evening. It seems as if the old pre-experimental settings have been reloaded. It isn't any better than the time from two weeks ago but it seems to have stabilized. I still have to hit the link again if I don't get a response of 'waiting' on Chrome in two seconds or so but the occurrences of this seem to have diminished.
eagleielgae

eagleielgae

Oops. It hosed up while I was posting the previous and I got the not found page but a few link re-clicks and I was back and found the post posted, ha!
Philly88
Bark River, MI

Philly88 to DrStrangLov

to DrStrangLov
I haevent been surfing a lot today mostly playing wow but when i did alt tab out it seems like it has got a bit better. I may just have been lucky but I havent noticed page not found in a long time since this afternoon.

wm4bama
join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama

I've not received positive confirmation from my friend at ViaSat yet but it looks like the DNS server problem was corrected sometimes last night, at least for my beam/Gateway/AcceleNet servers...

I've not gotten a "server not found" error all morning...normally have two or three by now..others are also reporting positive results on the WB world forum too..

eagleielgae

eagleielgae

It does seem much better. I've only had one DNS failure today.
Philly88
Bark River, MI

Philly88

Worked fine for me all day however I just had it happen once. Still much better must be almost fixed.

eagleielgae

eagleielgae

I haven't had a server not found error for several hours. It must be fixed! I'm glad because otherwise, Exede 12 has rocked for me.
Philly88
Bark River, MI

Philly88 to DrStrangLov

to DrStrangLov
Anyone else been having the same problem today? It was fine for a week or so.
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

During holidays, Exede's servers will be working overtime, as well as various internet sites.

Tonight, when visiting one site with no bandwidth...small forum...I got these messages several times...but, for this site, it happens from time to time.
Philly88
Bark River, MI

Philly88

Yeah that had crossed my mind. It was bad for a few hours but was back to normal later in the day.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to DrStrangLov

Premium Member

to DrStrangLov
Servers are easy to scale as needed and it is cheaper and easier than ever to do so. Holidays shouldn't even make the slightest of impact. If holidays truly make a difference, then it is further proof Exede needs to fire all their engineers and network administrators and start over.
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

said by silbaco:

Holidays shouldn't even make the slightest of impact

One auto forum I visit is run by an individual, who has bought the minimum bandwidth. This site has "choked" over the years with server not found messages.

After choking there, I can pull up other web pages without an issue.

Go figure...