All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70 to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr

Re: [Extreme Plus] DPC3825 and 150/10 possible?

said by yyzlhr:

The product code for 150/10 with the 3825 is the exact same one as the one with the Hitron. These reps are just stonewalling you because they're too lazy to check their knowledge base to confirm the compatibility requirements.

They all know the 3825 is a D3 modem. It's the system that tells them 150/10 requires the Hitron. If you can suggest a way around that, I'd appreciate it.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

1 recommendation

yyzlhr

said by JAC70:

said by yyzlhr:

The product code for 150/10 with the 3825 is the exact same one as the one with the Hitron. These reps are just stonewalling you because they're too lazy to check their knowledge base to confirm the compatibility requirements.

They all know the 3825 is a D3 modem. It's the system that tells them 150/10 requires the Hitron. If you can suggest a way around that, I'd appreciate it.

I just checked with some of my internal sources and they confirm that the 3825 CAN be used with the 150/10, however the modem itself must be migrated onto a different product code. Normally the SMC and Cisco D3 modems are issued under the same product code, however there is a product code exclusive to the Cisco gateway that is seldom used for simplicity purposes. They will have to move your Cisco gateway onto the Cisco gateway only code, I don't know exactly what it is but it's labelled D3v2 Rental/Purchase etc. You can try calling in and having them switch you to this code but you MAY have to bring your cisco gateway in and swap it for another cisco one due to a system limitation.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

2 edits

elitefx

First off, thanks to yyzlhr for the indepth analysis.

Not to put too fine a point on it but this info just validates my assertion that 99% of the network problems are Rogers fault and responsibility.

These D3 8x4 Gateways come from the factory with firmware capable of theoretical 300/150mbps performance and IPv6 ready.

Once Rogers uses the MAC/serial to activate the modem on the network there is no valid reason why 150/10 cannot be achieved easily with no further interference/adjustment from Rogers period.

Nobody but nobody is going to accept the fact that "I just paid $149 and tax for a DPC3825 but I have to return it because Rogers screwed up the numbers on their end"

Either Rogers can deliver 150/10 across the footprint or they can't. Plain and simple.

JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70 to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
Thanks, yyzlhr. I'll check it out this week.

elitefx, just shut up already. You whine constantly, and contribute nothing.
rgupta
join:2003-04-05
K2S 0M1

rgupta to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

I just checked with some of my internal sources and they confirm that the 3825 CAN be used with the 150/10, however the modem itself must be migrated onto a different product code. Normally the SMC and Cisco D3 modems are issued under the same product code, however there is a product code exclusive to the Cisco gateway that is seldom used for simplicity purposes. They will have to move your Cisco gateway onto the Cisco gateway only code, I don't know exactly what it is but it's labelled D3v2 Rental/Purchase etc. You can try calling in and having them switch you to this code but you MAY have to bring your cisco gateway in and swap it for another cisco one due to a system limitation.

I just confirmed this is accurate. The very helpful rep I spoke to was excellent and able to change the product code to D3v2 as stated above -- and after a cable modem restart everything worked right away. The rep told me that for some reason Rogers "discontinued" that product code, which is why a lot of the newer reps don't know about it, but it is still available and usable. He didn't know why and agreed it didn't make much sense.

The modem swap is only necessary if the account has some "terms and conditions" related to the product code associated with the modem -- if so, then a modem swap clears those and allows the change.

Regards,
Raman