Anon

to Wily_One

Re: How to get my supervision to back off

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by Wily_One:

said by StepBack :

I decided to do a TOR design in this one since it hasn't been done here before, it took me about a week to get it all done but I’m proud it (if anyone wants to see pics I will post them)

Sure, let's see it.

Here you go i used Velcro to bundle up all the cables (i hate tie raps) named all my switch ports to match my nic's in the vmware world and labeled all the power cords. In my rack the equipment can breath unlike in the other racks, i took one of the other guys in to see it after it was setup and he said "wow that's a nice rack for sure. Anything we've done looks like crap" at that moment i felt odd or out of place.

Fixing all the physical things wrong is easy but the hard part is trying to fix all mental things that are wrong here.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

Looks nice and neat but, um, next time open the cage door when you're taking pictures...
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns to StepBack

Premium Member

to StepBack
i thought i was the only one who labeled ports on a switch (kidding), but i dont see it done enough and i think it is a must.

not only is it good for troubleshooting/identifying wires, but it can be very helpful when you are not on site and need to see what is connected to the port.

Paulg
Displaced Yooper
Premium Member
join:2004-03-15
Neenah, WI

1 recommendation

Paulg

Premium Member

Every switch port that is anything other than a client access port should have a description.