how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

blackthought

join:2010-04-08
Phoenix, AZ

So I caved and i'm back

Just started the full re-installation of WOW+ MOP. Been out for a little over a year and some change....what do i need to know?

Can i still be a warrior:)
--
»www.nomorenoob.com - Wow help site
Noob of the month - »www.nomorenoob.com/p/noob-of-month.html

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

Welcome back. The new talents and glyph system should be easy enough to grasp with the in-game information. The breadcrumb quest to Pandaria are pretty straight forward. Warriors are doing just fine... (not an OP class, though... Monk and Mage have that honor) have fun.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to blackthought

Welcome back to a brand new game. Things have changed a lot. The talent system has been simplified down to 18 possible talents and you can only have 6. There are pet battle, like Pokemon, gotta collect them all. There is Farmville WoW, the Tiller rep. A little something for everyone.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

1 recommendation

It's a fun expansion. Lots to do, really good quests, and fun raids and dungeons. If there was one complaint it would be the fact that they tied progression VP gear to daily quest rep grinds, I abhor that. Only downside I can think of.

blackthought

Phoenix, AZ
reply to blackthought

The only down side i've seen so far has been that my experience was off for the first 3 dozen quests, 2 bg's and 1 dungeon before I realized it was off

I like the new talent system, simple yet looks to provide more variety. So much dust to knock off though, i felt like a fish out of water.

It's slowly coming back...
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

Welcome back!

Let us know if we can help in any way.

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

said by Jobbie:

Welcome back!

I heard you were banned for life or something like that.
--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

said by facepalm:

said by Jobbie:

Welcome back!

I heard you were banned for life or something like that.

I can provide moral support in these rough times.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to blackthought

Black! Welcome back man. Us warriors are in a good pvp place right now, best i've experienced in quite some time.

They are nerfing glyph of gag order which is usable by any spec now but eventhough we have enough cc and a double charge to close the gaps.
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

said by Josof:

double charge to close the gaps.

This is very hard for me to escape, btw. Even as a shad, when a warrior decides he's gonna pressure me, it takes everything I've got plus 2 peelers to survive. Otherwise, I get owned... (not that I PvP or anything... just get caught doing my dailies)

blackthought

Phoenix, AZ
reply to Josof

i went in with s9/s10 gear i think i was and got sounded beat into the ground. A lot of it was just playstyle. Turns out if you go away for a year and some change and play LOL for most of that time it affects how you think you can move. I was looking for intercept all night in arms:-(

I see no real stance dancing is needed, any tips on "what makes warriors great"? in Pvp right now? Who should I avoid as well?
--

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

gag order...soon to be nerfed
mass spell reflection

insane burst
alot of uptime on target...easier to build stacks...then
EXCECUTE

having access to your whole utility belt as an arms warrior...priceless.
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to blackthought

Warriors are as strong as they have been since prenerf bladestorm in pvp. So much utility. Shockwave. Mass spell reflect. Defensive stance reduces dmg taken by 25% but you retain full use of your abilities. Die by the sword is awesome. You can macro stack skull banner avatar and recklessness (which no longer causes u to take more dmg!) The only thiing we lost is throwdown. Oh ya fear is on a 60 sec cooldown.

Gan

join:2009-04-10
Taiwan
reply to blackthought

said by blackthought:

I see no real stance dancing is needed, any tips on "what makes warriors great"? in Pvp right now? Who should I avoid as well?

As mentioned, we have so many utilities on hand, especially with certain chosen talents that make us demand more attention from opponents than before.

Mobility: Double time or Juggernaut + Intervene + heroic leap without stance dancing

Locking down casters: Disrupting shout + pummel + Heroic Throw (glyphed with gag order) + Shockwave + Fear + 2 spell reflects (1 needs a shield macro, the other doesn’t)

Against melee: Warriors have always been able to stand toe-to-toe with most classes, but now disarm can be used in any stance.

Survivability: Die-by-the-sword against melee, rallying cry (a poor-man’s last stand) and the tier 30 talents makes you hard to kill against all but the craziest burst classes in 1V1. In fact, selecting Second-wind and Mortal Strike glyphed for the healing bonus, you should NEVER die in 1v1 situations against certain classes with poor burst-on-demand, like Blood DKs (similarly geared of course). Sadly, the added survivability now often makes us the first target of group-burst in both arenas and BGs.

Damage: As Josof mentioned, burst is crazy. For added fun, after Colossus Smash is up try casting the macro:
/cast recklessness
/cast skull banner
/cast Avatar
/use [PvP strength trinket]

I usually use when my opponent is below 30%, since that’s when they tend to pop their own defensive CD’s.

Many of the abilities existed before in some way, shape or form, but the biggest difference is I can perform all of the above as an Arms warrior while staying in a single stance. However, I still stay far away from frost mages, as they still pick warriors apart slowly and painfully.

blackthought

Phoenix, AZ

So what's a good spec to run with in terms of builds? I have been experimenting a bit and so far like what i see. I ran a couple of bg's as a lvl 85 in arms and prot and I can see where prot is going to be fun, arms is too. I got into a 1v1 situation with a boomkin on the beach, after about 3-4 minutes of neither one of us really getting anywhere I decided to just run towards the rest of the fight which was at yellow. I literally ran from the beach all teh way to yellow with the boomkin firing on me. I would occasionally turn and heroic throw+gag or charge then jump back out. Basically i made it all the way form teh beach to the gate with him on my back and my life not really moving.

He had 3 levels on me too.

Where is slam right now too in terms of rotation? And am i right that we're stacking hit to 7.5%, expertise to 7.5% then crit>strength?
--

Diabolik

join:2010-12-07
New York, NY
reply to blackthought

Welcome back! As many said, warriors are really fun right now and have insane burst. Pop the macro Gan posted, Dragon Roar+Execute, watch Victory Rush pop next . First thing grind to 90 and while you do get your mining/blacksmithing (if those are your professions) up so you can make the Contender's PvP set. Right now stacking PvP Power is priority then crit/strength. Then its all an honor grind for your Dreadful set. Also pvp gear is on par with heroic gear (just higher ilvl) so heroic dungeon grind for some extra gear so you can hit ilvl460. Then do LFR Vaults (easy with a competent group), hope for Starshatter from Elegon. Then start doing arenas/rbgs to cap conquest and once you have enough get the PvP 2H. If you're going the PVE route then you have to do the daily rep grinds as well. Right now I'm mostly doing RBG's and Arenas. Have fun!

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to blackthought

Just Google Icy Veins, select your class and spec and be on your way.

No need to back and forth on it.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Please don't Google Icy Veins. If you know the website you specifically want to visit, just visit it.

Sponsored by Citizens Against Google As Your Address Bar

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

icy-veins.com

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Nick D

Click for full size
said by Nick D:

Please don't Google Icy Veins. If you know the website you specifically want to visit, just visit it.

What are you talking about? How else do you get to web pages?
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Nick D

said by Nick D:

But google cache preview is one of the ways I view websensed stuff.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 recommendation

reply to Nick D

said by Nick D:

nice try, Microsoft.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4

You get mad kudos for this one.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

said by Nick D:

nice try, Microsoft.

Touche.

no, it just bugs me that people use Google/Bing/whatever as an address bar. They enter "microsoft" into the search bar, then click link to Microsoft.com. JUST HIT CTRL+ENTER YOU JERKS.

I have weird pet peeves.

Also, I get to websites by using history, duh? I HAVE VISITED EVERY SITE EVER..

But no, seriously, I use history a lot to hit direct URLs. Searching is fine, I just don't think searching is effective if you just search a URL and click it, instead of typing out ".com" at the end (or using ctrl+enter)

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1

what a lame pet peeve. sounds like the onset of paranoid schizophenia.
--
Reading your post made me want to punch a kitten in the jawbone.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

1 edit
reply to Nick D

Want to know a real pet peeve?

Mac (to my knowledge) doesn't support any form of Control+Enter.

Hate browsing on my wife's laptop. Someone please tell me I'm wrong?

Also Bing is too late to the party. Microsoft Fail.

It's like trying to start a social networking site to compete with the already extremely established Facebook. Silly Google Fail.

Windows Phone - Microsoft Fail.

Windows 8 - Microsoft Fail, (Along with 2000, ME, & Vista. Love 98, XP, & 7)

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to blackthought

Warriors are as strong as they have been since prenerf bladestorm in pvp. So much utility. Shockwave. Mass spell reflect. Defensive stance reduces dmg taken by 25% but you retain full use of your abilities. Die by the sword is awesome. You can macro stack skull banner avatar and recklessness (which no longer causes u to take more dmg!) The only thiing we lost is throwdown. Oh ya fear is on a 60 sec cooldown.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Snuffbox

actually Win8 pretty handy. I put it on one my laptops (from 2008) and it runs pretty damned fast. Fast startup, fast running apps, fast resume from sleep mode. Learning the different and new command to bring up and exit out of stuff was a little slow but guess what? There's an app for that! lol

Win8 will be sticking around. The new windows phones look interesting but I won't be getting one of those. I'm happy with my Droid razer M.
--
Reading your post made me want to punch a kitten in the jawbone.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

said by mettachain:

actually Win8 pretty handy. I put it on one my laptops (from 2008) and it runs pretty damned fast. Fast startup, fast running apps, fast resume from sleep mode.

Fresh OS instal does that with any computer. You cleared 4-5 years of crap and put on a new clean OS.

So far, benchmarks show no performance improvement for Win 8 vs Win 7.

Win 8 is a glorified App store again trying to join the market too late.

»www.tomshardware.com/reviews/win···331.html - This article is geared towards gaming.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

actually Win8 pretty handy. I put it on one my laptops (from 2008) and it runs pretty damned fast. Fast startup, fast running apps, fast resume from sleep mode. Learning the different and new command to bring up and exit out of stuff was a little slow but guess what? There's an app for that! lol

I bought a new desktop that arrived last week with win8 on it and I've not had any trouble with it at all. Like you say, the interface is radically different so doing simple things like trying to shut it down took some time to get used to, but so far I've not had any serious issues other than some websites not displaying correctly under IE10 (and that Chrome and Firefox are not yet available for Win8 so I don't have alternatives).

The one thing that I find humorously ironic however, is that Microsoft didn't have the drivers available for the xbox controller under Win8 yet. Funny since they are putting so much oneous on the xbox/pc integrations. Not a huge issue for me since I prefer the keyboard to play WoW anyhow and the wife can still use the xbox controller for playing on our Win7 laptop.