how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mathfaster

join:2005-09-23
Upland, CA
reply to quickguide1

Re: Switching from Road Runner To EarthLink Cable to Save Money?

Yes I was with Earthlink for almost 6 months. This isn't a contract. Just 6 months of promotional pricing. Just call Earthlink and tell them you want to signup for Earthlink internet and that you are currently with TWC. Here's their website with the number to call: »www.earthlink.net/access/ and some info on pricing if you fill in your address. I don't know what I will be doing in 12 months. Things change.

quickguide1

join:2010-02-10
Hi. At first i called earthlink to sign up for it. Problem was they told me they couldn't sign me up for earthlink because they saw i already had a service... meaning the time warner cable road runner. They told me to call time warner cable to make the switch as they couldn't do anything. Does that make sense? Apparently you can't switch to earthlink without first speaking to time warner right?

They told me to contact time warner to make the switch. What i'm worried about is if 6 months from now, i cant switch back from earthlink to time warner.

quickguide1

join:2010-02-10
And mathfaster another thing. When you had earthlink... didn't they give you a cable modem when you first got earthlink? You mentioned you got a new modem so am i correct to assume you had to return that modem you got from earthlink to earthlink or timewarner to avoid the monthly lease for the modem?