Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to jaykaykay

Premium Member

to jaykaykay

Re: Ohio Secretary of State installs "experimental" vo

I think this guy wished he had gotten a fake one then!

»hawaiitribune-herald.com ··· ans.html

I hope that doesn't happen to me...but then I will not be renewing close to the expiration date on mine since it expires 7 years from now and I have to switch it to the Real ID before Jan 15.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

I think this guy wished he had gotten a fake one then! »hawaiitribune-herald.com ··· ans.html

Welcome to the wonderland of bureacratic reality:
quote:
Three years ago, Cubie Lee Maddox, now 70, had his ID stolen. To establish his identity he brought to the driver licensing office in Hilo on Monday a notarized statement from his bank and another from the Superior Court of Santa Clara attesting to his name change. To change his name in California, Maddox said, he had to have his birth certificate.

Maddox said he can’t get his birth certificate unless he goes to California. He can’t get on a plane to California unless he has a valid ID. He can’t get a valid ID unless he gets his birth certificate.
Maddox tried to explain these things to the driver license examiner. “We need your birth certificate,” the examiner was overheard saying.
The examiner suggested other papers, but nothing that he had was allowed by state law. “I’m only doing my job,” she said.
The really sad thing is that this happens not only in Hawaii... it happens whenever the Federal bureaucracy and its regulations collide with state bureaucracies and their regulations. Maddox's parting comment sums it up nicely:
quote:
“Stupid, man,” he said. “We have stupid people running this country.”