spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tymo31
@rogers.com

tymo31

Anon

Looking for the name of an anime series

I am looking for the name of an anime series I used to watch in the early 90's. I cant remember much but here is what I do remember. There was some sort of alien invasion on earth and the humans on earth fought the aliens with transforming mecha/power suit vehicles like motorcycles and plains. I think this was the later part of a series but again I am not sure. I have been looking for this for years so if anyone can help me out It would be greatly appreciated.

shadowshark
Taking A Bite Out Of It
Premium Member
join:2002-03-16
Lake Orion, MI

shadowshark

Premium Member

sounds like Robotech
»www.anime-source.com/ban ··· t&id=402
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to tymo31

Premium Member

to tymo31
hmm the only show I know of with transforming planes that where actually piloted is Macross(aka Robotech in the US.)

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to tymo31

Premium Member

to tymo31
That's not a very good description, as it falls into almost EVERY anime series based on mecha. Robotech, yes, but that wasn't the 90s

For instance, Project A-Ko. That had mech, and aliens, and such. (awesome series btw) Catching all the little bits (like pepsi-can missles) was fun.

Zillion had mech, and aliens, and laser guns! (awesome series btw) Only a few episodes made it to vhs here.

So a little more info would be helpful. Was this on tv or video?

RobinK
join:2004-04-16
Canada

RobinK

Definitely sounds like Robotech. Which was actually combination of three different unrelated animes.

The second or third series had the motorcylces scenarios.

If you want to buy the dvds, I would gladly sell you the complete DVD singles for cheap if you are in the Toronto area. I could really use the shelf space.
said by captokita:

That's not a very good description, as it falls into almost EVERY anime series based on mecha.

Not true. Very few mecha based animes are Humans VS Aliens themed. In fact, very few animes are humans vs aliens based in any genre. Just because an anime has aliens in it, doesn't make mean it follows the theme of species fighting each other for survival or invasions.

His description sounds like Robotech for sure. Especially since he said he watched it in the 90s and had motorcycles as a mentionable element.

Tenar
join:2008-01-02
Midland, ON

Tenar to tymo31

to tymo31
I agree, sounds like Robotech's 3rd saga, "New generation". You can watch it all on netflix or youtube

Macross saga
Masters
New Generation

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to RobinK

Premium Member

to RobinK
said by RobinK:

Not true. Very few mecha based animes are Humans VS Aliens themed. In fact, very few animes are humans vs aliens based in any genre. Just because an anime has aliens in it, doesn't make mean it follows the theme of species fighting each other for survival or invasions.

whaaaa? Do you watch mecha series? Far more than not they feature giant robot built to beat the alien invasion! Mazinger, Getta Robo, Gai-King, Go-lion, Gaogaigar, the list is endless! Hell, even MACROSS is this way!
quote:
His description sounds like Robotech for sure. Especially since he said he watched it in the 90s and had motorcycles as a mentionable element.
Perhaps it is, but I'm just giving examples of other series it could be. Since Robotech was around before the 90s.

tymo31
@rogers.com

tymo31 to tymo31

Anon

to tymo31
thanks everyone. I have watched the first series of Robotech/Macross but I guess I didnt get far enough into the later series'. It is the motorcycles that transform that really sticks in my head and which I think is a rare component to any mecha series as I have watched several to find the right one and have yet to see anything other than airplanes that transform, for the most part.
tymo31

tymo31 to tymo31

Anon

to tymo31
can anyone suggest any other anime series that would have transforming mecha/power suits. Ones that arent just plains.

Tenar
Midland, ON

Tenar to tymo31

to tymo31
said by tymo31 :

thanks everyone. I have watched the first series of Robotech/Macross but I guess I didnt get far enough into the later series'. It is the motorcycles that transform that really sticks in my head and which I think is a rare component to any mecha series as I have watched several to find the right one and have yet to see anything other than airplanes that transform, for the most part.

here's the robotech motorcycles' transformation clip

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· CYrH-_Kc

Edit: better quality clip

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Tenar

Premium Member

to Tenar
I remember watching this as a kid in the late 80's and it remember how they all never went together. Then with the advent of the internet I found out why.

Tenar
Midland, ON

Tenar

meh, I think the robotech story line was pretty awesome personally.

Shadow Chronicles was pretty cool.