Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert

Re: Dell Ultrasharp U2412M on sale, $289

said by Robert:

This monitor will come with a 4-screen split feature, which will be great for business folks in the finance industry.

I would like to read more about that with some examples, what do they call that feature? I checked the link at the topic starter and I didn't see it referenced.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by urbanriot:

said by Robert:

This monitor will come with a 4-screen split feature, which will be great for business folks in the finance industry.

I would like to read more about that with some examples, what do they call that feature? I checked the link at the topic starter and I didn't see it referenced.

Take a look at this link, the picture has an example of the 4-screen split.

»www.gizmag.com/lg-ea93-u ··· r/24952/

Edit - I'm referring to the LG 21:9 Monitor not the Dell.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

Still interesting, thanks for the link! I have a definite use for that, I only wish they had a slightly larger model.
HoboJ
join:2008-03-27
Cornwall, ON

HoboJ to Robert

to Robert
said by Robert:

Take a look at this link, the picture has an example of the 4-screen split.

»www.gizmag.com/lg-ea93-u ··· r/24952/

Edit - I'm referring to the LG 21:9 Monitor not the Dell.

This is just a monitor with a nonstandard aspect ratio and resolution. Just give me a 2560x1600 monitor any day over that and you've got the same thing with more vertical viewing space.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

My 2560 x 1600 monitor does not have four inputs for four PC's.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to HoboJ

Premium Member

to HoboJ
said by HoboJ:

This is just a monitor with a nonstandard aspect ratio and resolution.

21:9 isn't a "non-standard" aspect ratio - it is theater aspect (which is why you still get black bars watching an unaltered movie on a 16:9 TV) and there have been TVs on the market for the last little bit that are 21:9 already.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Holy crap, I hope that stupidity does not catch on to PC monitors, like 16:9 monitors/laptops did...

But here's a 21:9 ultrabook... LOL

»www.theverge.com/2012/6/ ··· te-u840w

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to urbanriot

MVM

to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

My 2560 x 1600 monitor does not have four inputs for four PC's.

Mine does. I've got enough inputs of various formats on my U2711 to connect five inputs (2xDVI, 1xDP, 1xHDMI, 1xVGA), on top of the television inputs (1xComposite, 1xComponent). If you ignore all the analog inputs, you can even use cheap or passive adapters to get from four computers' digital outputs to the monitor's digital input.

This is one of the big flaws with the U2412M. It's one of their midrange monitors, not high-end, so it only has a basic set of inputs (1xVGA, 1xDVI, 1xDP). You couldn't use it, for example, to connect an xbox digitally, because it has no HDMI, and even with an adapter, you'd have no audio (the U2711 decodes HDMI audio to a headphone jack that you can connect to your sound system).

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00

Premium Member

You have a strange idea of what a "big flaw" is! The inability to connect an Xbox to it without an adapter isn't something most people would ever think about. Another thing you can't do with the U2412M is lay it flat and use it as a cutting board, because you'd crack the screen! It is, however, designed to be a computer monitor, and does that job extremely well.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by Wolfie00:

Another thing you can't do with the U2412M is lay it flat and use it as a cutting board, because you'd crack the screen!

You sure?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Tp7eCWBo

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00

Premium Member

Those are German iPads -- built for endurance!