how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pulsar777

join:2009-12-21
reply to pulsar777

Re: [Unlock] Unlocking Linksys SPA2102 adapter

is it possible to configure the same phone number on another SPA in different network node?

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:8
Do you have the SIP credentials, server info, etc ?

hardly
Premium
join:2004-02-10
USA
reply to pulsar777
And does the provider support multiple registrations?

pulsar777

reply to toro
assuming that I will have the SIP credentials.

toro

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
This thread is full of questions and assumptions but except for taking the ATA apart you haven't tried anything yet.
If the provider doesn't give you the SIP credentials, there's no way to get them from the ATA, even if it's unlocked (you can read everything except for the passwords).
If you get the SIP credentials, you can set them up on another ATA in such a way that you can make outbound calls. For inbound calls the ATA must register with the VoIP provider and 99% of the providers don't support multiple registrations. If both ATAs are online, only the last ATA that has registered will ring on inbound calls.
--
Providers: voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro through asterisk. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

pulsar777

as I can no find hub, I connected PC to ATA ethernet port and cable modem to ATA internet port. I tried sniff packets with Ethereal, unplugged the AC adapter from the ATA, wait 30 sec then connected again. What I can see there is a lot of requests, I can see an IP address assigned to ATA, and "Server Identifier" IP address: is it IP address where config file requested from? The other info I see is Host name= SipuraSPA. But I didn't see config file name and path to this file. Also, I think the config file probably transferred via TFTP, not HTTP. How I can get it?

toro

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
You can't capture the traffic made by the WAN interface if your computer is connected to the LAN port.
You can often find hubs for a few dollars at thrift stores.
Some users have succeeded capturing the traffic by setting up Internet Connection Sharing on a laptop, connecting the laptop to the router via wireless and connecting the ATA to the LAN port of the router through a crossover cable. Personally I have never needed this setup so I haven't done it.
--
Providers: voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro through asterisk. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

pulsar777

1 edit
Well, finally I got the hub, connected ATA and PC, and captured the network traffic when the ATA is powered on. I can see some info, but I can no find path to server where ATA configuration file loaded during the boot. I am not sure, but config name seems is D3-3c.bin, that this name looks like cable modem config file, strange. I save capture, Ethereal default format. Can anybody help me?

toro

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
reply to pulsar777
Can you start another capture, reboot the adapter and let the wireshark run longer (10-15 min) ? You only let it run for about 90 seconds and the only thing it capured was the DHCP transaction where the ATA got the IP address and then it registered to the VoIP provider.
--
Providers (through asterisk): voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

pulsar777

2 edits
I attached another ones. ATA IP address 10.250.63.39
Is the D2.bin, D3-1n.bin, D3-3c.bin configs for cable modem?

toro

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico

1 edit
I'm afraid the ATA doesn't do any traffic other than SIP registrations (I attached the traces filtered to contain only the packets from the ATA). Edit: removed at OP's request.
Probably the provider has provisioned it manually. So no luck unlocking it with this method.
If it was provisioned automatically, usually the ATA would download its configuration about a minute after boot up and then periodically according to a parameter set in the Provisioning tab. You can try to leave the capture running longer, but I doubt you will see more info. If you don't want to capture the traffic from other devices in the network, you can set a filter like "host 10.250.63.39" before you start the capture.
--
Providers (through asterisk): voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

pulsar777

so in this case ATA probably manually provisioned by ISP. Is it possible configure new (unlocked) ATA with that SIP credentials I have already?

toro

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
If you have the SIP credentials you can configure another ATA, but what would be the purpose for that if you have a working one already ? Usually you can't use the same credentials on two or more ATAs at the same time.
--
»www.voipfan.net

pulsar777

I want configure additional VoIP number in this ATA, but its locked.

toro

Scarborough, ON
So why not keep both ATAs and configure only the additional number(s) on the other one ?

pulsar777

I can do this way, but using extra hardware with lot of wires on table isn't very good.

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:29
reply to pulsar777
I tried to find some info from the capture, but had no luck:

The MAC address does not appear on Linksys site, so I assume that this is not a remotely customized unit. Please post exact model number (printed on bottom), e.g. SPA2102-EU.

The name sip.telenet.lv resolves to 193.111.244.67 and sip2.telenet.lv resolves to 193.111.244.69, but there were not any meaningful references to those names or addresses.

I also failed to find any posts about telenet.lv and VoIP, though I don't know Latvian or Russian; perhaps you can find something by searching in those languages.

A search for a weak SIP password, numeric or hex of up to 8 characters, failed.

The nonce indicates that Telenet is using a softswitch from Mera Systems (now Aloe Systems), but I failed to find any general provisioning info about them. I tried some plausible names, e.g. prov.telenet.lv, but none resolved.

Does Telenet offer a softphone or smartphone SIP app? If so, it should be easy to extract the SIP password.

toro

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
said by Stewart:

A search for a weak SIP password, numeric or hex of up to 8 characters, failed.

The OP indicated that he actually has the SIP credentials.
--
»www.voipfan.net

Stewart

said by toro:

The OP indicated that he actually has the SIP credentials.

Well,
said by pulsar777:

assuming that I will have the SIP credentials.

So I presume that he doesn't have them yet.

With the credentials, the solution seems simple: program them into the unlocked adapter, shut down the old one and test. Once it passes, the second line can be set up as desired, and when all is working correctly, the old adapter can be reset and repurposed, provided that it doesn't have "protect IVR factory reset" set.

pulsar777

4 edits
reply to Stewart
the model is SPA2102. The SIP domain does not belong to the current provider that provide the service. Perhaps voip service and sip domain was inherited from previous ISP, they don't offer softphone or smartphone SIP apps. I have sip details except the passw.

Stewart

1 recommendation

If your provider left the provisioning settings at factory default, either because he configured manually, or he did an autoprovision over his own LAN, then you should be able to get the device to pull a config file by TFTP, which would allow you to reset the admin password, or to set up Line 2 without disturbing the current config at all. This is activated by sending option 66 in the DHCP ACK.

If you don't already have suitable DHCP and TFTP servers, TFTPD32 should do the job.

»www.mik.ua/products/spa921/spa_p ··· uide.pdf
»tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_faq.h ··· faq.html

toro

Scarborough, ON
Interesting idea, never thought of this one.

pulsar777

reply to Stewart
but how to find TFTP server IP address?

Stewart

When the ATA receives its IP address by DHCP, it looks for option 66 in the DHCP ACK. If this is present, it is taken as the IP address of a TFTP server, and the ATA (with default provisioning settings) will attempt to fetch a file named spa2102.cfg from that TFTP server.

If you are merely trying to see if this scheme is workable, you don't need to actually set up a TFTP server; just have the device fetch its IP address from a DHCP server that offers option 66. If you then see (e.g. with Wireshark) TFTP requests being made to the IP address in option 66, then you will know that provisioning by this means is possible.

Be careful not to set up the new DHCP server in conflict with your existing one. One way to avoid this is to bind the new server to a second NIC on your PC, to which the ATA is attached. If you have only one NIC, either disconnect from your normal LAN when doing this test, or temporarily disable the old DHCP server and set the new one to be compatible.

pulsar777

I'm not sure how to configure tftpd32 DHCP server for that.

Stewart

said by pulsar777:

I'm not sure how to configure tftpd32 DHCP server for that.

I've not used this myself, but the FAQ says you can edit the .ini file to e.g.:
AddOptionNumber1=66
AddOptionValue1=10.250.63.123
(Substitute actual address where TFTPD32 is running.)

You can look at the DHCP transactions with Wireshark to confirm that this is working as expected.

pulsar777

how works SIP authentication in SPA? I want move sip account from SPA to FritzBox 7140 wireless router which supports VoIP.

toro

Scarborough, ON
If you are thinking of getting the SIP credentials from the SPA, it's not possible. It will not give you the passsword(s).

pulsar777

this ata doesn't use config at all, as preconfigured manually?

Stewart

Did you try to unlock or configure your SPA2102 with DHCP option 66? If so, what went wrong?