spc
Search similar:

uniqs

speedtetshow
@teksavvy.com

speedtetshow

Anon

[Cable] how to test cable speed

i've been getting 10mbit/sec and paying for 18 for a few months now.

what is a good website to test speed? i dont want to see the fake speedbost thing...but my actual, good, speed.
thanks

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Hi Speedtetshow,

I personally recommend teksavvy.speedtest.net as I find it to be the most accurate. I am currently at home on my 14/1 MBPS service in Chatham (Cogeco infrastructure). Here are the results that came up.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 7023.png

If you have any further concerns or issues please feel free to post in our private section with your account information. We'll be more than happy to look into it for you.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones to speedtetshow

to speedtetshow
Bells speed check-up.

»support.bell.ca/Internet ··· eed-Test

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Click for full size
Not to sure about that one, maybe with a DSL connection it would give more accurate results. There is a big difference compared to the first one I did through speedtest.teksavvy.net

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones

Why do you have over 3mbps of upload on your speedtest.net when you said you're on the 14/1? Confused...

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

I know, the one I recommended was accurate on the down speeds and the site you recommended was accurate on the up speed. Maybe we have to test through both to get accuracy of each

Taylortbb
Premium Member
join:2007-02-18
Kitchener, ON

Taylortbb to speedtetshow

Premium Member

to speedtetshow
said by speedtetshow :

i've been getting 10mbit/sec and paying for 18 for a few months now.

what is a good website to test speed? i dont want to see the fake speedbost thing...but my actual, good, speed.
thanks

A speed test website can't just turn off speedboost, it's a feature of the network. I recommend going to Microsoft and finding a large file to download, a demo installer perhaps. Start the download and wait for the speed to stop fluctuating too much (will probably take 20 seconds so make sure it's a large file). That should give you a pretty good approximation, but you can try the same thing with Google, Apple, etc for a better test.

Remember that your browser measures MB/s while your internet connection is sold in Mb/s. 18Mb/s = 2.25MB/s. If your download reads anything over 2MB/s I'd consider that full speed.

thg
@teksavvy.com

thg

Anon

yeah somehow my speed is limited to 10mbps...

torrents, apple, microsoft.. all show 10mbps.. what i dont get is... this is cable... a line will usually work... unlike dsl...

pff looks like i have to call teksavvy. thanks

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to speedtetshow

Premium Member

to speedtetshow
said by speedtetshow :

i've been getting 10mbit/sec

Sounds like you are testing over wireless
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by Teddy Boom:

said by speedtetshow :

i've been getting 10mbit/sec

Sounds like you are testing over wireless

You'd get better than that over wi-fi. Though it does sound like there's an old 10Mbit piece of hardware in there somewhere.