how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Phil T

join:2007-10-05
Littleton, CO

[Praise] Happy with Comcast so far.

After many years with CenturyLink DSL I switched to Comcast Blast a couple of weeks ago. CenturyLink had been OK and I was on their 20/.7 ADSL service, but recently It had become sporadic and unreliable. Calls to CenturyLink gave me the run around that everything looked good on their end. I have a dedicated line directly from their interface on the house to my modem so I knew it was not an issue with my wiring. I tried a new modem with no improvement so I took it back. The local Comcast office is within walking distance of my house so I stopped in and signed up for the Blast 6 month promotion. I went to Costco and bought the Motorola 6121 modem. Installation was fine as the technician used the old cable TV coax that was in conduit even though I have not had cable service of any kind in 15 years. Speed is great usually running 35+ down and 5+ up. »www.speedtest.net/result/2300915617.png
My toys which include 4 Macs, 2 iPhones, IPad, Apple TV, 3 DirecTV DVR's and a wireless printer all play very well with my Airport Extreme network. It could be my imagination but all devices seem to be a lot more stable, even on the local network, since switching and not having disconnects and dropouts. My only concern is price after the promotion ends. If I can keep this service in the $39.00 to $49.00 range, or even drop the speed a little to keep the price down, I will be happy. But I cannot afford to be on the $70.00+ non-promotion price plan. Since I do not have cable TV this might be a big issue. Any suggestions on how to keep this service affordable would be appreciated.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:1

said by Phil T:

Any suggestions on how to keep this service affordable would be appreciated.

Call the sales office a week or so before your promotion ends and try to negotiate having the promotion period extended. If they won't budge, then tell them what you can afford dollars wise and see what package they will offer you, hopefully at a reduced price.

Make sure you do this before the promotion ends as from what I am told the price increase is applied automatically and I would image it might be harder to haggle once this is done.

I'm in the same boat BTW. My promotional pricing runs out at the end of this month.

Good luck.

kara

@comcast.net
reply to Phil T

Like all company you only get the best price as new sub. You can get some later on but there is time period before your can. The cheap speed is 3/1 econo you have to check local market in area for prices.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to Phil T

Maybe consider moving your home phone and TV to Comcast, they have some sweet deals on triple play bundles. I used to have DirecTV for TV and Comcast for Internet and phone but with my DirecTV promotion and contract expiring and the rate increases, it was cheaper to take a triple play bundle with Comcast.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Phil T

I never pay full price for my bundle. I always call and get them to drop my package price about $20 for double play. I then get the internet bump as well to blast which gets me 30 meg. Total, my cost is $100 a month after tax which is a good deal for me.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

wTheOnew

join:2012-03-09

I think Comcast is getting more strict with their promo pricing and retention. Last two times I called when my price increased from 80 to 90 and then to 100 they told me I can either stay where I am, upgrade, or cancel.

said by Nightfall:

I never pay full price for my bundle. I always call and get them to drop my package price about $20 for double play. I then get the internet bump as well to blast which gets me 30 meg. Total, my cost is $100 a month after tax which is a good deal for me.

What TV plan do you have? $100 is the standard rate for Digital Starter and Blast.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

I get Digital preferred instead. I like the extra channels.

Phil T

join:2007-10-05
Littleton, CO
reply to Phil T

I have DirecTV with 4 HD DVR's including their HR34 media center. I have no desire for Comcast cable or phone service so I guess I am at their mercy when my Blast promotion runs out.

mb

join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

said by Phil T:

... so I guess I am at their mercy when my Blast promotion runs out.

There will be no mercy (retention deals) and you will pay the full rate because you will be addicted to the level of service...