Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
reply to ConstantineM

Re: Nexus 4 and LG build quality

said by ConstantineM:

That's just marketing; it's obvious that it will still work even without GSM, provided you have UMTS. :-p

FYI: UMTS does support simultaneous voice and data, and doesn't require for there to be any GSM service.

The phone is cheap. Why not buy one and try it on Verizon's network and report back with your connection speeds.
--
Another 4 years of Hope and Change.
The rich will still get richer and the poor get an Obamaphone and Food Stamps. lol

ConstantineM

join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA
Verizon has no UMTS; besides, they don't offer any unlimited plans anyways. I really can't understand why would anyone sign up with any carrier other than T-Mobile in the US (or possibly StraightTalk, if you don't care about violating their T&C), because no other carrier has 4G speeds and overage-free access anyways.

What's the point of having slightly higher speeds than T-Mo, but with a 2GB limit, if you have to pay 100$ for it, and would still be charged overage fees if you go over?

I'm happy with my 5GB@4G @ 30$/30days T-Mo plan, with free tethering and no overages! Google Galaxy Nexus (e.g. HSPA+ Nexus 3) is still pretty cool, too. Won't be switching to Verizon any time soon!

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
ConstantineM See Profile, it comes down to coverage. T-Mobile lags a lot in uniform coverage in their markets.

In my city, Cleveland, Ohio... T-Mobile coverage is trash. The only choices I have are Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. I have Verizon right now with a grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan. AT&T'? Not just no but hell no. And Sprint is just as bad as T-Mobile in my area.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)