Premium
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Arsinic

Re: Firefall public beta weekend

I really like the PVP, It's 3D pvp which is quite fun. It's not like wow pvp, but more like playing a quick round of a shooter. Teamdeatch match, etc. The weapons feel pretty good. The game reminds me of a borderlands/halo mixture, except different. I really haven't played a game like this one that I can compare it too. They have done good on originality.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1

GW2 was made by ex Blizzard dudes

Firefall was made by ex blizzard dudes

i'm expecting good things

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

I use to wish another game would come along like WoW that would draw all my friends to play it and drop wow or other mmo's so we all could just play one. But I have realized it's not the games because they have got better it's just us growing up and not being to waste time on games like we use too.

But back to the topic this game looks great. Are there servers or how is that being managed? Hope to game with you all on this one.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok

I love the variety I'm seeing in MMOs. Still loving GW2 for my fantasy fix, Firefall for third person shooter fun. I will probably skip Planetside 2 because I'm not much on FPS anymore but it looks great for people who like the genre. After so many years of WoW clones this is good to see.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

I'm skipping Planetside 2 because of the sub. Let the subless games reign!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Downloading now.

TheThing

woot

yeah... Planet Side 2 sub perks look sketchy

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Name is WeaponX add me.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Just did a match of PvP. I was 2/8 =/. Not use to this Third Person Shooting.

TheThing

added you bud

been playing for a little bit, VERY impressed

this game is amazing...

awesome graphics, awesome play control, very responsive... HOLY SHIT

has the potential to be amazing!

another next gen mmo

mobs AI seems pretty awesome

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

I agree that it does run smooth and the response time is nice. I did mainly just death matches. I suck...bad. haha. I'm not use to the flying up and down while shooting.

jack322

join:2012-09-19
reply to Krisnatharok

I didn't know such game existed. I'll definitely going to try it. It's looking great.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

The creator of the game had some seriously hard times when he was trying to get people to finance a AAA F2P game, which he foresaw happening by looking at the Asian market for MMOs. When LoL did as well has it did/is, it cemented the fact for financiers to lay down money.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Anyone know how to call down a THUMPER!!!?!?!?! Stuck on a mission.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:5

Looks promising! Next year when I am bored of PS2, which is completely free and needs no sub (I have over 4100 cert points I haven't used throughout the beta and alpha, there is no need to sidegrade anything to "win"), Firefall is my number one candidate so far. Nothing else looks appealing, really. BF4 and the CoD's are out, ESO looks weak (Elder Scrolls Online)... bleh. I'm looking for something without knowing exactly what, Firefall has piqued my interest more than anything else.

Closed beta is scheduled through at least June 2013.
»www.firefallthegame.com/game/

Next beta weekend is Nov 30.
»www.firefallthegame.com/betaweekends/

Is DSLR putting a group together?
--
Show off that hardware: join Team Discovery and Team Helix

TheThing

reply to I AM

said by I AM:

I agree that it does run smooth and the response time is nice. I did mainly just death matches. I suck...bad. haha. I'm not use to the flying up and down while shooting.

ALSO they probably out level you and have better gear

this is like DOOM+QUAKE+UNREAL TOURNAMENT+MMO+GLOBAL AGENDA

all rolled up in one

pretty awesome... much better first impression than Global Agenda

TheThing

reply to markofmayhem

If you start a Firefall guild count me in.

This game is already very polished, but still has ways to go. It will only get better.

Went 2-6 in my first PvP session, VERY rusty lol, but it's awesome

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok

what I found interesting is that you can revive allies like GW2, and you finish off enemies like GW2

AND

like someone mentioned above, there are massive events that come up in the open world... VERY VERY cool

AI is pretty impressive so far, I had enemy mobs leading me with their fire when I was strafing, trying to guess where I was moving to

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to TheThing

OK so I figured I'm A LOT better as an engineer than I was as assault. I actually get some kills now.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

I'm mainly just doing pvp for beta. It's pretty fun.

TheThing

in game i'm Hiltzar

I'll try to get on within a reasonable time tonite

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

What's the trick to Third Person Shooters?! I have a hard time aiming.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

said by I AM:

What's the trick to Third Person Shooters?! I have a hard time aiming.

More DAKKA. That is always the solution.

TheThing

reply to I AM

You should have crosshairs visible like Tera.

Some weapons are aim, and hit them instantly.

Some weapons have a lag time between shot and hit.

when using instant weps just aim cross hairs and fire

when using delay weps lead your target.

If you are getting your ass handed to you in PvP, I think it might be because you have not leveled your battleframe.

Does PvP give experience?

My drednaught is getting very powerful now that I am actually leveling his abilities.

Mostly PvE, but it's been a blast!

TheThing

reply to I AM

Especially with FPS in PvP you always want to be on the move, to make it harder for enemies to aim at you.

I would practice in PvE, running circles around mobs, while you aim at them and kill them. at the same time mixing in spacebar for jumping/flying while you are on the move and aiming.

last night I had a wierd thought run through my mind.

Is FIREFALL Titan?

I know it's not, but the thought did cross my mind for a moment.

The game is only 50% completed in development. It's not going to be officially released for another FULL year at least.

But raids are coming, WvW is coming with vehicles. This is going to be one EPIC AAA high quality F2P MMO FPS when it finally comes out!

Between GW2 and Firefall, where is Titan going to fit in? A modernized WoW?

there is no untouched MMO genre now.

Blizzard should be scared... very scared

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Really there's a year still till released! GAH! That's long. I only made it to the second quest hub area in PVE. Yeah PvP actually gives pretty good exp. I started to unlock some of my abilties with new guns and stuff like that. I'll keep upgrading more.

I'm just use to Bf3 I guess you shoot, hit them and they die.

How is the dreadnaught? Looks fun. I been running as engineer. Throw down mad turrets and melt faces with that streaming electro gun.

That thought crossed my mind too! Titan was suppose to be Blizzard's open world FPS. I love the art direction of firefall and the graphics are pretty nice and not to taxing on a PC even in beta stages.

TheThing

Reading in forums that "TITAN IS TOAST"

that blizzard had the rug pulled out from under them by Firefall

LOL

someone mentioned that Closed beta on Firefall was running till June 2013.

and during loading screens one of them shows development progress on the game, and it put it dead smack at 50%

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok

at least for me Firefall touched on a new first in MMOs

at night time, it is actually dark! I mean you can't see shit dark

you can either run around in darkness, and I assume others have trouble seeing you, or you can put on your flashlight

it was awesome looking about 150 yards in the distance you see all these flash lights running around, and bullet tracers firing...

just excellent

and then gun flares in the distance, so cool, so awesome... and you can hear the crackle of small arms fire lol

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok

»firefall.wikia.com/wiki/Red_5_Studios

this is not blocked by websense for me

talks about the game, you get mounts like motorcycles, and the use of gliders etc... gliders give you high speed travel to many points on the map without using teleportals like GW2

this game is going to be beast!

WTF is this, nothing could break me away from WoW, and now everything comes out at once that i like better than WoW

when it rains... it pours

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

ITs RAINING MEN!

But yeah the darkness thing is crazy. I turned off my flashlight and was like I CAN'T SEE! I actually dislike traveling at night.