Re: Firefall public beta weekend

in game i'm Hiltzar

I'll try to get on within a reasonable time tonite

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
What's the trick to Third Person Shooters?! I have a hard time aiming.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
said by I AM:

What's the trick to Third Person Shooters?! I have a hard time aiming.

More DAKKA. That is always the solution.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to I AM
You should have crosshairs visible like Tera.

Some weapons are aim, and hit them instantly.

Some weapons have a lag time between shot and hit.

when using instant weps just aim cross hairs and fire

when using delay weps lead your target.

If you are getting your ass handed to you in PvP, I think it might be because you have not leveled your battleframe.

Does PvP give experience?

My drednaught is getting very powerful now that I am actually leveling his abilities.

Mostly PvE, but it's been a blast!

TheThing

reply to I AM
Especially with FPS in PvP you always want to be on the move, to make it harder for enemies to aim at you.

I would practice in PvE, running circles around mobs, while you aim at them and kill them. at the same time mixing in spacebar for jumping/flying while you are on the move and aiming.

last night I had a wierd thought run through my mind.

Is FIREFALL Titan?

I know it's not, but the thought did cross my mind for a moment.

The game is only 50% completed in development. It's not going to be officially released for another FULL year at least.

But raids are coming, WvW is coming with vehicles. This is going to be one EPIC AAA high quality F2P MMO FPS when it finally comes out!

Between GW2 and Firefall, where is Titan going to fit in? A modernized WoW?

there is no untouched MMO genre now.

Blizzard should be scared... very scared

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Really there's a year still till released! GAH! That's long. I only made it to the second quest hub area in PVE. Yeah PvP actually gives pretty good exp. I started to unlock some of my abilties with new guns and stuff like that. I'll keep upgrading more.

I'm just use to Bf3 I guess you shoot, hit them and they die.

How is the dreadnaught? Looks fun. I been running as engineer. Throw down mad turrets and melt faces with that streaming electro gun.

That thought crossed my mind too! Titan was suppose to be Blizzard's open world FPS. I love the art direction of firefall and the graphics are pretty nice and not to taxing on a PC even in beta stages.

TheThing

Reading in forums that "TITAN IS TOAST"

that blizzard had the rug pulled out from under them by Firefall

LOL

someone mentioned that Closed beta on Firefall was running till June 2013.

and during loading screens one of them shows development progress on the game, and it put it dead smack at 50%

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok
at least for me Firefall touched on a new first in MMOs

at night time, it is actually dark! I mean you can't see shit dark

you can either run around in darkness, and I assume others have trouble seeing you, or you can put on your flashlight

it was awesome looking about 150 yards in the distance you see all these flash lights running around, and bullet tracers firing...

just excellent

and then gun flares in the distance, so cool, so awesome... and you can hear the crackle of small arms fire lol

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok
»firefall.wikia.com/wiki/Red_5_Studios

this is not blocked by websense for me

talks about the game, you get mounts like motorcycles, and the use of gliders etc... gliders give you high speed travel to many points on the map without using teleportals like GW2

this game is going to be beast!

WTF is this, nothing could break me away from WoW, and now everything comes out at once that i like better than WoW

when it rains... it pours

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
ITs RAINING MEN!

But yeah the darkness thing is crazy. I turned off my flashlight and was like I CAN'T SEE! I actually dislike traveling at night.

TheThing

hallelujah!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
said by TheThing:

hallelujah! it's raining men!

Fix'd.

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok
Firefall is getting me aroused... LOL

rumor has it, several dudes from Blizzard, who were working on Titan, left... to make Firefall

hmmm... they probably didn't like the direction Titan was heading in, so they said F you blizzard, we're doing it the way Titan was supposed to be

Firefall = Titan

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:5
said by TheThing:

Firefall is getting me aroused... LOL

rumor has it, several dudes from Blizzard, who were working on Titan, left... to make Firefall

hmmm... they probably didn't like the direction Titan was heading in, so they said F you blizzard, we're doing it the way Titan was supposed to be

Firefall = Titan

No. Your time line and game is incorrect.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_5_Studios
--
Show off that hardware: join Team Discovery and Team Helix

TheThing

When did development on Titan begin?

I remember seeing "supposed" screenshots of Titan back in 2008

it says Titan development was speculated to have begun in 2007

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
Pittsburgh, PA
said by TheThing:

When did development on Titan begin?

I remember seeing "supposed" screenshots of Titan back in 2008

it says Titan development was speculated to have begun in 2007

They weren't Titan, their position titles were specifically for WoW.

»www.edery.org/interview-with-mark-kern-red5/

Titan's job descriptions and "want adds" were released in fall of 2007, the project began, not development (which a team lead WOULD have been involved with). "Work" on Titan began in 2008. Red5 pilfered Blizz employees before June 2007.
--

TheThing

cool article thanks

but still, even if mark didnt start developing Titan, I'm sure as WoW lead, he knew of some ideas bouncing around about what Titan "might" be

kind of like zuckerberg stealing initial ideas, then running away to make Facebook

If this dude did early WoW, then we are in for a treat, because general consensus is that most people liked early WoW better than current WoW

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
What ever happened to Titan anyways?

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
said by I AM:

What ever happened to Titan anyways?

Well they broke out of Tartarus and were either defeated by Hercules or helped Kratos storm Mount Olympus, depending on your pop culture preference.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to I AM
Mark Kern began at Blizzard in 1998, with SC, to Diablo II, to WoW. He was a team lead. Titan was likely never discussed as it began as a pseudo project used as a recruiting tool to stop pilfering such as Red5. Around 2008, it was leaked to be an actual project and not a recruitment tool; however it never went beyond a team of 2-3 working on concepts. Mark Kern's departure was pre-Titan... anything.

According to Rob Pardo, Titan is 'playable' now (since mid 2011). Original leaked timeline back in 2008 had a release of Q4 2013. 5 years is a short time span to develop and release an AAA game. In September 2012, Titan moved from concepts to actual development of an end product. A team of 2-3 rotating people to fixed teams numbering over 100 have swelled the ranks to finish this product.

»www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/28/titan···-people/

As for WoW: Early PvE was great, early PvP sucked. Mid-early WoW was very good. 1.4-1.11 range. I played through LK and quit, I still remember the "good ole days". I started with WoW in closed beta around February of 2004, before talent trees were introduced in place of progression paths.
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
5 years! That seems long to me! But what do I know about developing games I just play them.

TheThing

let that be a lesson to you young man!

wtf is titan then?

is it mmorpg?

or mmofps?

if Firefall was actually an mmorpg it would be quite awesome the way the play control is... would be running around swinging axes and shit

FYI...

FIREFALL there is clipping for player characters. when you run into another player or npc, you actually do bump into them.

also, after you kill a mob, you can actually push it around... lol

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
I was scared of those dinosaur things when I first saw it.

TheThing

i faught some giant elefant that was throwing massive bolders at me!

good thing i had my trusty vulcan canon to show him whose boss of the jungles!

gonna get my shotgun tonite, so i can deal some up close and personal IN-YOUR-FACE damage!

adrift02

join:2012-11-27
Bothell, WA
reply to Krisnatharok
Hey Guys,

If you still want to check it out there are a bunch of beta weekend giveaways going on this week.

For example (can I link?): »www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/off···out.html

And it's third AND first person (you can switch between them).

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
reply to Krisnatharok
List of all BETA Key giveaways: »www.firefallthegame.com/2012/11/···control/

Fiftycals

join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX
reply to Krisnatharok
Been playing in the Beta weekends since last weekend. Enjoying this game a good amount. Very good potential. Still some polishing and optimizing to come and that will only make it that much more enjoyable. It can be very confusing as far as where to go after you have no quests and the tier system and battlesuit garage could be a little more user friendly.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL
reply to Krisnatharok
I've got 5 permanent keys to hand out. First come, first serve, registered DSLR members only. PM me with email.

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok
I have 12 CONSECUTIVE DAYS OFF COMING....

Going to fire up FIREFALL again...

I'm pumped... I'll be sure to post as many screenshots as I can

like I said in the WoW forums, I think this game is going to be huge, because it's an easy transition for WoWers, very similar

and it's supposed to end up having massive raids like WoW too... this IS the next big thing IMO...

GW2 will always be my #1 main game for me, but I can see Firefall attracting more people in general since its F2P and toony similar to WoW

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Any patches lately? Some areas were still to buggy for me.