I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to markofmayhem

Premium Member

to markofmayhem

Re: Firefall public beta weekend

5 years! That seems long to me! But what do I know about developing games I just play them.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing

let that be a lesson to you young man!

wtf is titan then?

is it mmorpg?

or mmofps?

if Firefall was actually an mmorpg it would be quite awesome the way the play control is... would be running around swinging axes and shit

FYI...

FIREFALL there is clipping for player characters. when you run into another player or npc, you actually do bump into them.

also, after you kill a mob, you can actually push it around... lol

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I was scared of those dinosaur things when I first saw it.

TheThing

TheThing

i faught some giant elefant that was throwing massive bolders at me!

good thing i had my trusty vulcan canon to show him whose boss of the jungles!

gonna get my shotgun tonite, so i can deal some up close and personal IN-YOUR-FACE damage!
adrift02
join:2012-11-27
Bothell, WA

adrift02 to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Hey Guys,

If you still want to check it out there are a bunch of beta weekend giveaways going on this week.

For example (can I link?): »www.mmorpg.com/giveaways ··· out.html

And it's third AND first person (you can switch between them).

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
List of all BETA Key giveaways: »www.firefallthegame.com/ ··· control/

Fiftycals
join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Been playing in the Beta weekends since last weekend. Enjoying this game a good amount. Very good potential. Still some polishing and optimizing to come and that will only make it that much more enjoyable. It can be very confusing as far as where to go after you have no quests and the tier system and battlesuit garage could be a little more user friendly.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I've got 5 permanent keys to hand out. First come, first serve, registered DSLR members only. PM me with email.

TheThing

TheThing to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
I have 12 CONSECUTIVE DAYS OFF COMING....

Going to fire up FIREFALL again...

I'm pumped... I'll be sure to post as many screenshots as I can

like I said in the WoW forums, I think this game is going to be huge, because it's an easy transition for WoWers, very similar

and it's supposed to end up having massive raids like WoW too... this IS the next big thing IMO...

GW2 will always be my #1 main game for me, but I can see Firefall attracting more people in general since its F2P and toony similar to WoW

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Any patches lately? Some areas were still to buggy for me.

TheThing

TheThing

the last time I played it, it had a massive patch, and required a full redownload... like 3+gigs... thats why i havent touched it in weeks.

with time off, ill be able to get back into it again... not sure what was fixed... i still think the game haslike 10+months left until release

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

After tomorrow I'm off until the 2nd, I hope to get into this as well. I'm in the permanent beta (thanks VV) but have barely played so far.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
I'll have to re-DL and try it out.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I have 4 beta Keys available. PM me if your interested. First 4 registered members get em.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
Just patched this past Monday. Frame constraints have been removed while they work on pve vs pvp balance. Not sure what bugs you refer to, and I've run across quite a few myself, none that affect my game play. For beta it feels pretty solid to me. If anyone wants to get together in game for thumping, chosen hunting, etc. let me know.

TheThing

TheThing

I'll try to get on next week... I have it off... post your username here

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos

Premium Member

3 more beta keys left.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
said by TheThing:

post your username here

This is going to blow everyone's mind so grab hold of something and hang on...

bionicRod

I AM THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I'm on now, is there a friends list function or something?

Krisnathar

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I'm trying to log in as we speak. Got a character created, just stuck loading.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
yeah they have a friends list, The interface is a little weird at first but once you get used to it the controls are quite nice.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Me and Kris just played for probably a couple hours. What a cool ass game. I can see this one getting completely addictive. We also did 1 PVP battleground, which was very neat. Being able to fly with boosters gave the PVP a whole different feel.

The game ran relatively smooth for the most part. I got some chugging here and there when there were a lot of enemies and other players on the screen. You could tell the game engine still needs some tweaking. I'm sure some video drivers would help also.

It took me a good 20min or so to get the hang of the UI and what was going on. After that, I think it was smooth sailing.

If they're going to have some kind of dungeons or raids with full squad groups, this game will be epic.

This shit is completely tossing Planet Side 2 up.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium Member
Salt Lake City, UT

Moos

Premium Member

Wait till you get into crafting!
Moos

Moos to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
I think the PVE is going to be more Dynamic like guild wars. Not sure if they will have dungeons/raids or not, but who knows! I have been part of some pretty large groups where we ran around and killed chosen/took back our territory which was a lot of fun. The tornadoes are a little bit crazy.

Once you get to tier 2 you can craft different weapons to customize your character to your liking. The crafting is setup very well and can be pretty complex. If you visit the firefall forum page there is a lot of info on how it works. So far I have been really impressed.

The PVP is a lot of fun. The added element of having to worry about someone above/below you throw a new dynamic on pvp!

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I've gotten enough of the gameplay to satisfy my beta needs. I don't want to delve to deep unless we can keep beta toons I made that mistake before in games. It's more fun to take it all in when it is released. But the game feels and plays great.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom

Premium Member

said by Phobos: Community Manager :
Hey folks,

As an addition to the awesome content and great gameplay in this new milestone. We are also pleased to announce that we will no longer be wiping XP from characters. Play to your heart's content and know that you won't have to start over again.

Should there be any issues with tech trees or equipment, we may reset your tree and then refund your XP so that you can respend it as you see fit. Thanks for playing!

Fiftycals
join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals

So no more EXP wipes? Does this mean we get to keep our characters once the beta is over? And one more question, is it still only beta weekends, or is it all week now?

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom

Premium Member

No more exp wipes, which essentially means we get to keep our characters. The game is 24/7 for founders, who get 5 invites to give out that are "permanent" invites.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Thanks to whoever sent me an invite for this, I just created my account will download when I get back home, it is going to be a good way to spend the holidays. I will post my User ID when I get it.

What do you think of the founder packs?

Right now they are 25% discounted so you can get the max level for $75 until Jan 1st I believe.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I had asked Moos See Profile to send you one, because you were off playing Alliance ballerina characters in pink with pixies last night.