Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to Bastian

Premium Member

to Bastian

Re: CC Disaster

said by Bastian :

Voipo, anveo and voip.ms, to name three, do a fine job of reliability and sound - they are not junk.

And they have a far-more sophisticated callflow setup.

I really did not want this to be an internecine conflict....

But you seem incompletely informed.

Correct, you have named 3 good providers, and they are not junk.

But---

[Voipo] is a fine company, but they do [not] really support BYOD, and their callflow is simply [not] that sophisticated. I doubt that you've used it, otherwise you'd know that.

Anveo is great for people who watch "The Big Bang Theory" but otherwise needs important improvements in documentation and User Experience.

Voip.MS is a fine provider too. But there are some things they do better than CC, and some things that CC does better than them. I don't want to have a repeat of October 1864 when Vermont was attacked through Quebec, so I'll leave it at that.

--------------------------------------

As far as my feeling on CallCentric, I [do] understand fully the folks who choose to change, or feel they must.

What I [don't] understand are folks who rigidly say that [no matter what] occurs in the future they won't even look. But if they choose to be dogmatic rather than pragmatic, that is their privilege.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

Anveo is great for people who watch "The Big Bang Theory"

I have to disagree with you on this point. Using Anveo is a piece of cake.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by Arne Bolen:

said by PX Eliezer704:

Well, if Anveo users [do] start watching "The Big Bang Theory" it will be another user benefit.
rblizz
join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX

1 edit

rblizz to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

said by PX Eliezer704:

To be perfectly blunt, their webpage is almost totally unusable -- until someone (like you) explains it. Other than that they've been fine, but I don't think I would have ever figured out their pricing without your help.

As to some other concerns ... As far as I can tell, CallCentric is much less dependent on the public Internet than any of the other BYOD suppliers who show up in discussions here. (Not sure about Vitelity, for some reason discussion about them doesn't appear here as much.) But this is probably the subject for another thread.